"1700 RP with starter"

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Re: "1700 RP with starter"

Postby Spears » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:13 pm

Flock wrote:It's not about whether it is possible. We want to learn and replays or just some text examples would help a lot. Going up against metas and losing a hundred times might help too but it is far slower. Simply stating that the starters can reach 1700rp is encouraging, but ultimately not very helpful.

Alright sorry i got caught up on animas post, lawtia is my thing more than falk but i will try to get some replays of matches later.

Okay here is a fight against the blade wyvern prebuilt with lawtia starter https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/aud ... 1fd67273a3 im not happy with the soul skill lineup yet and im pretty rusty but its a start.

Edit 2: i accidently put rats in there thinking it was gen 3 starter, but its not like they are hard to get. If i was gonna mod one thing i would grab a single copy dagon.
Spears

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:26 pm

You just need to adjust your play depending on your opponent. Also recognize that Salamander is like a top 5 Gowen card and you should put 3 in your file no question.

Example 1: Gowen Starter vs Zu
Kurina Sally Rapid Growth -> and then iczer like crazy it puts the Zu player in a horrible position. They can't play NW wyvern, rushing Zu is a mistake, basically you force them to correctly play Joachim/Kafhar, most people **** up.

Example 2: Gowen Starter vs Big Refess
Most people do Kurina Sally Axe Man... But verse starmander it is strictly better to skip turn 2 and save your salamanders for obvious sally back lashes.

Example 3: Gowen Starter vs WK
Scrubs complain about return and cyclone. Good players adapt and beat it. If you open: Kurina->Salamander->Axeman->Sally->Axeman... Are you vulnerable to either cyclone or return? No. No you are not.

Example 4: Gowen Starter vs Serpent
Use salamander to win. Seriously. Dion files and serpent files do NOT use damage souls, they have a frog out on the field who can't attack, a tank who usually needs to rest, and an AGI 5 level 4 who will take like 5 turns to be able to kill your salamanders. Lots of sallies all over the place beats serpent pretty easily. Scrubs complain about serpent, good players adapt and beat it.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby GOSCAR » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:30 pm

Removed at moderator's discretion.
-Romdeau
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Flock » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:02 pm

FM lotto should get you any card in all the starters right? I still havent been able to get an assassin. How good are the 4agi return SS? I've been using 1 or 2 as SS3/4 but find that having to sylph most targets just makes me bleed more LP later on against aoe's + I need to be setting endgame units at that point.

Re: Spears' replay, I would've played mildoreo or manta instead of a 3rd mof. The first lightning wyvern might've been ok (I'd rather save it for higher level squishies) since it could've done its aoe barring SS, but playing it a 2nd time against two 4agi's? knowing that he had to sylph it? Then there's putting 6 into sphere when he's playing lv5's (could've been fierte). I just think your opponent made too many mistakes.
Flock

Postby Spears » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:37 pm

Yes he made mistakes he shoulda rushed out a manta ray, dalos is the only unit in the lawt starter who can deal with it.

But the point of collecting replays is showing how a starter can beat these things in folart, not how they can beat them every time. Its capitalising on mistakes that wins games. The prebuilts have raised the quality of the files in folart, but they havent raised the quality of the players, if you wanna get 1700rp with your starter you need to beat the guys who make mistakes not the top rp guys who dont. ( btw i think 1700 unmodified takes a very large degree of skill, i would say 1600 unmod or 1700 mod is more reasonable for most.)
Spears

Postby Seizan » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:35 am

Starter no, prebuilt yes.
Seizan

Postby iambad » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:50 pm

I had 1800 RP from a MODIFIED starter. Notice the bold part, most people claiming to have done 1800+ modified the starters with a few key cards, most of which are not high rarity. But this was 3 sets ago, it would be smashed in today's environment unfortunately so I think there is some merit to the people asking for replays of people doing this now. The starters need an update badly in my opinion, even if 1-2 people prove it can still be done unmodified, because it was a lot easier to win with slightly modified starters if you were halfway decent before. I can't remember the last time I lost to a starter, even using new decks I never tried before. 3 sets ago it was not uncommon for me to lose to a modified gowen or falcow starter. And no I haven't gotten much better, I have just gotten better cards, I have yet to top my rp from that modified gowen starter file 3 sets ago.
iambad

Previous

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom