Pixie Lock

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Pixie Lock

Postby Ayabi » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:26 pm

How does it work? I've seen a lot of people mentioning the Pixie Lock and I've yet to play against it. In fact, I haven't played against Pixies at all. What is the overall strategy? What would one need to make the file/what cards are necessary? I'm also intrigued about the nerf that they got...how were they before the nerf? :)
Ayabi

Re: Pixie Lock

Postby Muklas » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Pre-nerf pixies had: Mizett start skill buffed ALL pixies
assasin could deal 90 damage
Torte could grow to 90 def
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby basilis » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:13 am

Also, relating to pixie lock, mage pixie and archer pixie always locked for 2 turns, regardless of whether there already was a copy of them on the field or not. Pixie lock, however, is still effective. Just harder to pull off. Basically you use archer pixie and mage pixie to prevent your opponent from being able to play his powerful characters and high level units. And you use the rest of your pixies to stomp on lvl 3 and below units. Say your opponent's strategy is built thinking to play bringer, belus or new magic doll whatshername at some point. You can lock that out for 6 turns with archer pixie, 6 more turns with mage pixie, and 10 more turns total if you return them with treasure hunter SS. Delaying your opponent for 22 turns means you basically get to do whatever you want. It's harder now than it used to be, because you need to make sure to let copies on your field die in time in order to reach the required effectiveness, but it's still very deadly against mid and high level opponents.
basilis

Postby Seizan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:16 am

Ayabi wrote:I've yet to play against it. In fact, I haven't played against Pixies at all.

You either play in Crest, or don't play at all. Pixies were (are?) running rampant since they started re-selling faction pack, even more once snow flakes grinding started. Basically, pixies roflstomp netdeckers with their BKR/Urgrant/Serpent. They can lock lvl 4+ for 2 rounds, iczer for 2 (or play another unit), then lock characters for another 2 rounds, then iczer for 4. Lock is gone, opponent has 6LP less and can finally play their precious lvl 4+ character. That's of course theory, you usually need to spend some sp on reviving units killed by dmg ss. Another form of lock (but poeple don't refer to it usually) is sp denial. Fierte ss resets thei sphere lvls, and then assassin ss sends their big, fat unit (played after 4+ rounds of lock with pixies' open skills) straight to hell. Err, I mean cemetary.
Seizan

Postby Ayabi » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:31 am

Thanks for all the answers. Yes, I do play in crest. I started not that long ago, so I'm just looking for a bit of info on the meta. :)
I guess the good files against them are rush files? Like EN?

Muklas wrote:Pre-nerf pixies had: Mizett start skill buffed ALL pixies
assasin could deal 90 damage
Torte could grow to 90 def

Dang. The nerf was understandable, this sounds unfair as hell.
Ayabi

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:40 am

Yeah pixies are incredible. They require timing though. But basically the point is to anticipate what the opponent will do, and stop him from doing that using cards that lock.

Like most Rivera files will go... level 1 unit -> sp gen -> Rivera.

So if you play a character locking pixie on turn 2, the opponent can't play his Rivera or Jack until turn 5 at the earliest. Meaning while you can build a field or iczer or whatever.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom