Keep or Recycle high stars

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Keep or Recycle high stars

Postby Leartes » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:57 pm

Hi everyone,

I played Alteil for some time about a year ago. (and stopped as soon as I got out of crest since it got playing stronger files really unfair) Anyway, I want to give Alteil a second chance and luckily I decided to do so right now with all those nice events.

So far I did 5x the hyper rarity lotto and bought one yuletide pack - and the later got me The Nullifier / Vol Agni. Since I only have a slightly modified Falkow Starter at this point I doubt he will see play anytime soon. Do you think it is worth it to recycle him for the gran or keep him because at some point I'd like to play more than just falkow again and again. Apart from that his Soulskill (40 dmg and -1 all spheres) sounds pretty decent and useable in most decks.

Thanks for advice,
Leartes
Leartes

Re: Keep or Recycle high stars

Postby Khiruki » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:02 pm

I recommend keeping all high rarities unless you have more than 3. You may think, "oh, I don't think he'll ever get any use" now, but you never know. So many cards I've recycled thinking I would never use them... If only I kept them, I would have play sets for some of them...

Vol Agni is an excellent SS anyways. Not like it's Millia.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Romdeau » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:03 pm

Depends, Vol Agni's soul is decent so if you don't have something reliably better (i.e. Distrier/Asuet) I wouldn't recycle. Is that all really? Your thread title suggests you have others you are considering.
Romdeau

Postby Leartes » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:18 pm

Well I have some more Gran but I stopped using it when I ran into this guy and I'd like to know how you tread this situation in general.

So far I conclude it depends on the card. And I'll keep him for now.
Leartes

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Hey are you leartes from sirlin forums? If so hai!

Nows actually a good time to join. The pre builts are all actually a few mods away from being seriously competitive files. Tho, a lot depends on user skill and experience.

They recently sold some "meta files" that were made by amateurs and piece of crap files, but they may decide to actually sell legit meta files in the future who knows. The falkow starter is a horrible file too. I wouldn't even call that non sense a falkow file. Its more appropriately a bad gowen file.

Enjoy!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Leartes » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:35 am

Yeah it is me from Fantasystrike forum.

And I remember why I quite Alteil. Played 3 games so far, had 0 chance in all 3 games and since I lose I will get 10 gran max at the end of the week. I get 20 FM per game, that is 5 games per starter card.

Remember to tell me on Fantasystrike.com when you find a CCG with remotely fair matchmaking/arena mechanics. I don't mind spending 10-20 € but this here ... well lets just conclude I remember why such a cool game has such a small player base.

EDIT:
Don't get me wrong, I know 3 games is no big sample size, but I prefer games where every match is exciting 3 boring lost from the start matches so far are a strong indicator that close and fun matches will be a rare experience.
Leartes

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:00 pm

Well, getting the pre builts give you a shot. The starters... not really...
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Leartes » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:10 pm

I see.

Guess I'll play 2-3 more games and decide if I want to invest in 1.5k gran to get a shot and try if the game is fun. Not sure ...

It is just so infuriating, every game is a treasure battle, but you never get the treasure because you never manage to win :?
Leartes

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:11 pm

Yeah if you're playing the Falkow starter like you said you might have a 5% chance to win any given folrart game.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Lawtiabidingcitizen » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:51 pm

I think you should stick it out. Save up the gran to get a pre-built. Looking for warriors is a pretty good gowen file. You should invest in that but a few options are available so ask around the forums, Gon has helped me quite a bit and the guides available are well written. The problem i was having was with flow. I couldn't really steadily pump out a steady amount of cards in a level 3 lawtia file called NBK. I have two other files that I have, one a modified gowen file that is level 1/2 rush style and i have the prebuilt lawt rush file... well four including my starter (i decided to go with gowen since it was such a good starter file). The game has some balancing issues and a lot of decks are op but every card game has them. If you played magic the gathering, one of the most op decks ever was Uba-Stax. I made one myself and boy, if played right you were nearly unbeatable. Same concept is applied to all card games and really you should be thankful how easy it is to get free gran. Even if you don't live in the states plenty of options, survey wise is available to get the free gran in order to purchase the right stuff. Considering if this game was in reality you would be paying money to play since a TCG is built around buying in order to acquire the cards. Alteil is fun, basically free and they update on a regular basis even though sometimes somethings that needs to be fix isn't and you always will run into the mods who are real busy bodies in the forums, of course I wouldn't be referring to Rom or anything (joking he's just over-zealous and cocky). To the point: keep pushing; don't give up, that's why people quit card games in general: they don't stick it out.
1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d.
Lawtiabidingcitizen

Location: in the land of my computer- tis would be my soul: tah intronetz

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom