Keep or Recycle high stars

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Re: Keep or Recycle high stars

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:41 pm

Set 10 out this monday, and it means, new starters cuz ones currently out is badly outdated.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4791
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: Keep or Recycle high stars

Postby Leartes » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:08 am

So I'll wait a week or two and see if there are new starters.

Saving gran for the pre-mades is a false option. At <33% winrate you get 10 gran a week resulting in 3 years of saving (and minimum of 150 losses). Don't get me wrong, I'm all for paying/buying content. But buying stuff is the customers option to show the seller he made something right... For MTG - it has resell-value. Some even claim the average resell value is above the price you pay for a booster, I doubt that but prices are fairly close. Therefore in MTG I pay either directly for the cards I want or if I don't know what I want I pay for a random selection. Also I can sell my random selection if I don't like it. (Same for battleforge for example, though they have some crazy grind for upgrades).

Anyway I'd like to show you my most recent loss but my premium account just timed out so I couldn't save the replay...

Wish me good luck that new starters are insane meta wonders :D
Leartes
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:02 pm

Re: Keep or Recycle high stars

Postby wakka9ca » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:09 am

Leartes wrote:So I'll wait a week or two and see if there are new starters.

Saving gran for the pre-mades is a false option. At <33% winrate you get 10 gran a week resulting in 3 years of saving (and minimum of 150 losses). Don't get me wrong, I'm all for paying/buying content. But buying stuff is the customers option to show the seller he made something right... For MTG - it has resell-value. Some even claim the average resell value is above the price you pay for a booster, I doubt that but prices are fairly close. Therefore in MTG I pay either directly for the cards I want or if I don't know what I want I pay for a random selection. Also I can sell my random selection if I don't like it. (Same for battleforge for example, though they have some crazy grind for upgrades).

Anyway I'd like to show you my most recent loss but my premium account just timed out so I couldn't save the replay...

Wish me good luck that new starters are insane meta wonders :D


Play Mirage Master intermediate 4-star. It gives you 15gran daily.
Image
Image
User avatar
wakka9ca
 
Posts: 1375
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Keep or Recycle high stars

Postby Leartes » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:44 pm

wakka9ca wrote:
Leartes wrote:Play Mirage Master intermediate 4-star. It gives you 15gran daily.


Just played Miraga Master and it doesn't give me any gran - and no I didn't play it before today!
Leartes
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:02 pm

Re: Keep or Recycle high stars

Postby wakka9ca » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Leartes wrote:
wakka9ca wrote:
Leartes wrote:Play Mirage Master intermediate 4-star. It gives you 15gran daily.


Just played Miraga Master and it doesn't give me any gran - and no I didn't play it before today!


If you did free lotto then no MM gran. If MM gran then no free lotto. It's one or the other. I suggest interleaving the two.
Image
Image
User avatar
wakka9ca
 
Posts: 1375
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Keep or Recycle high stars

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:30 pm

Yeah honestly it's pretty much... Buy a pre built and start grinding, or just quit. The starters just don't have a chance it's too miserable. The pre builts are only like $15 tho so it really isn't too bad.
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9322
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Keep or Recycle high stars

Postby wakka9ca » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Yeah, it falls under the concept that there is no free lunch. Ultimately, this is about money making. If everyone can play this without paying, then it would have been an open source project, not a commercial venture.

Sad but it's the truth. The amount of money I spend on this is tiny compared to the amount of money I spend in MTG (which my collection spans in over 30000 cards). But in the case of MTG, I get real, physical cards.
Image
Image
User avatar
wakka9ca
 
Posts: 1375
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Keep or Recycle high stars

Postby Spears » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:29 pm

Just to add that dont let the horror stories scare you off, once you have a good file to rack up the wins for events and a solid base of cards you can coast along merrily without spending and still keep relativley up to date with cards.
User avatar
Spears
 
Posts: 2338
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:45 pm
Location: Blighty

Re: Keep or Recycle high stars

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:24 am

Yeah also let's put it this way. I basically used a slightly modified Natural Born Killers lawtia rush deck in the championship invitational tourney day 1, and went 8-2 with it. And I've seen people take the dark rush deck and beat some top meta files. They are totally worth the investment.
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9322
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Keep or Recycle high stars

Postby Leartes » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:37 am

Ah well I guess I derailed the topic too much already.

Thanks for your interest and helpful words but I will quite Alteil again. I have already paid for the game and I won't pay more to make a company that eats my money and returns nothing except worthless cards that I can't use get more money simply because I think their model is flawed and I can't support a flawed approach. (otherwise I would reinforce it and thus stop improvement)

Maybe I'll return and pay money when there is an arena where I can play equal and fair games or if the new starters are strong enough to compete in folrat (highly doubt either will happen).

Have fun with the game, it seems pretty good ...

EDIT: Final note on MM. Can't play for higher amounts of gran because every card takes about 2s to flip so I usually run out of time before I'm able to flip all cards even by spam-clicking with no though at all.
Leartes
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests