lawtia starter help?

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Re: lawtia starter help?

Postby SmallStar1 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:54 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:Well there are ways to get better with the lawtia starter, but life is going to be very hard and you'll probably get discouraged and quit. If you want to talk about how to improve your technique with the lawt starter we can do that too if you want.

If its not a problem sure i need all the help i can get lol
SmallStar1

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:16 am

Okay well before we get into the specifics, it's a good first to think... "How will this file win the game?"

Fire wins by carnage and destruction, light wins by survival and outlasting, wind and water win by manipulation and playing for SP or playing to defeat the opponent's strategy, and darkness wins by timing and tricks. Lawtia's greatest strength is the ability to have huge momentum swings by well timed assaults.

So like if you look at lawtia, you will see lots of RANGE=1 units and very few archers. The strength of lawtia lies in cards like Assassin soul, Death's Embrace, Consuming Grudge, Bitter Destiny, etc. In the starter, the first thing to work on is the timing of your assassin soul (should be in the 3rd slot), and timing your shades.

Lawtia basically has a really hard time dealing with walls and combos that get set up on the field, so the best way to attack your opponent's strategy is to play your "Shades" on key turns to prevent the combo from even being set up in the first place.

Regarding your starter file in particular, a good way to begin is by going shade -> reverant -> shade -> moonlight warrior. The shades will sometimes drain SP which prevents your opponent from playing any cards, and then you will likely trigger two 1LP damage based soul skills. Those early souls are GOOD! Don't think losing LP is a bad thing. If losing LP activates powers that crush your opponents units, they might never recover. Then you can wait till another unit is about to die, and a turn ahead of time play some random lvl 1 unit to use as assassin fodder. Using assassin on the right unit can basically destroy your enemy by defeating his strategy.

Then towards the end of the game you want to get Dalos set up and hope he can carry you to victory.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby SmallStar1 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:22 am

well i have quite a few cards out side of lawtia starter here is my deck right now
Really just trying to mod it

Soul cards are scylla,scylla,leonardo,lilith,skeleton master

Units
Exorcist x2
Shade x2
Crest lady paladin x3
veteran crest paladin x3
Revenat x3
magic shade soldier x3

Character
Dalos x2

Grimores
Soul pact x1
warning knife x1
flesh recycle x1
soul bind x1
life conversion x1
soul bind x1
bitter destiny x1

Other lawtia cards i have
Assassin x2
Scylla x3
elite crest knight x2
leonardo x3
castle wight x3
invisible druid x1
turn to dust x2
moon light warrior z3
magic doll x3
animated dead x2
magic doll melee x3
dragon of mercurial night x3
fennir x1
corruption x1
cutter of the cord x3
skeleton warrior x1
crest mind soldier x1
crest paladin x1
girl druid x1
elder druid x1
moon light assassin x1
magic doll fencer x1
magic doll grappler x3
night wing wyvern x1
death knight x1
priestess of madness x2
magic doll sniper x1
cursed armor knight x2
echidna x2
consuming grudge x1
haste assassin x1
night soul x1
taurus x1
black hound master x1
nue x2
ghoul mage x1
shadow hound x1
haste sorceress x1

so i have quite a few things to work with since i had some luck and recycled a 5 star card i got in lotto

Sorry for list being so long wasn't sure how to post it
SmallStar1

Postby gadu » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:04 am

Do Gon's Open and get Priestess of Madness in their. Even in a non-undead file, that pair can soak up a LOT of hits.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby sunbunman » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:12 am

use the shade rev shade open. Like gadu said add priestess of madness. Add grapller to do sumfin vs those annoying refess ppl. Add in the 2 exo. Use invisi druid + soul bind for 3rd SS.... yeh..
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Spears » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:52 am

I would definately put assasin back into the ss, and if you are going to run two soulbinds you may aswell run invisible druid ss too.
also start doing all events and saving up point cards for a sumer.
Spears

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:55 am

I went through folrat with lawita starter for a good bit, that was back when modified gowen starters were the most common things in folrat, I was fortunate enough to get an alphonce in a treasure battle in crest that really helped also the 30atk and 30 def ss buff worked great for me then to, but folrat has changed immensely since then, I had slowly been investing in trying to get an undead file as it was the easiest transition possible. Patience is required for sure.
monkeysmiles11

Postby Muklas » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:51 am

monkeysmiles11 wrote:I went through folrat with lawita starter for a good bit, that was back when modified gowen starters were the most common things in folrat, I was fortunate enough to get an alphonce in a treasure battle in crest that really helped also the 30atk and 30 def ss buff worked great for me then to, but folrat has changed immensely since then, I had slowly been investing in trying to get an undead file as it was the easiest transition possible. Patience is required for sure.

Patience is virtue in this game, especially if you are a free player.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:12 pm

You can also think about splashing gowen in the file. It can be useful to add
EX merc girl (she's not ideal for a rush like this, but when fighting bigs unnecessarily playing salamander indicates you're using assassin SS, with EX merc girl you'll have more chance that they don't try to avoid it. She can also be useful if you're running low on units in the end game. She's not required though),
some salamanders (for their open and as assassin SS fodder (although it's not necessary, you can use 2 assassin SS, I played a modded lawtia starter that way before the prebuilds (on my lawtia alt), and it works at times))
dragon breath (usually works better than flesh recycle),
miracle fruit (for dodging return or to increase the damage dalos can do).

However it's better to spend some time saving up mirage master gran and buying a prebuild. Also can someone please move this thread to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom?
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby Romdeau » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:10 am

I don't understand why newbies in particular always get so grumpy when a person (including me a fair amount of the time) points out that a particular thread has already been made 203530465077 times. I don't think it's a sign of grumpiness, it's a sign of efficiency and organization.

I have also moved this thread to the appropriate forum. Welcome to Alteil, please follow the rules and enjoy your time here.
Romdeau

PreviousNext

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom