Solar Kingdom File Help

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Solar Kingdom File Help

Postby CainHyde » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:56 am

http://i41.tinypic.com/1olu8i.jpg

Well... 14-13 for a file that I created solely for stalling until turn 10 is not bad.
It work fine during last week where there are no extra incentive for winning battle, and some people looks like trying to do UD battle.
Except during battle where I have 2 or 3 winning streak and TB, I can feel the blood lust from most of them during the whole games.
I still face too many Falkow files and Buncle backslash for my taste though...

I wish we (I) can get more event where winning doesn't matter and less win grinding event, so the amount of bloodthirsty people in Folrart isn't too much.
Yesterday I'm using my other account to testing what kind of file I'll meet, and as expected it's all bloodthirsty file.
I am sure this file can't survive against those barbarian, especially since half of the file I faced this week is Falkow with return/engage or Gowen Overkill abomination.
Any suggestion that can help me?
Please keep card suggestion to card set 8 or lower if possible, as I almost have none set 9 and set 10 card.
Cause my point card isn't unlimited.
Card that have low possibility of backslash is even more valued.
---
T1: Buncle
T2: Weiss
T3: Was it Skip? Forgot. Sometimes I ended up using Wisp though.
T4: Guardian/Free Revive SK Unit/Whatever card I think it's good for the match up
T5 hopeless match:
Revive unit continuously and summon new unit while playing other Plant VS Zombie on iPad until turn 9.
...All those start, counter, auto takes time you know. (Most of unit have low AGI doesn't help too)
Then no summon new unit and no revive from turn 10.
T5 possible to win match:
Revive/no revive and summon unit as necessary.
While as fast as possible, growing SK 0 with Aliria on field or growing Silverion with ideally 2 Solar tank in front of him with Aliria on row 3 or summon all unit to the field including Raste for overkill.

All support is used whenever I think I should use it.
Key when I think damage barrage is coming.
Order when I need more attack/feeling "Sent to graveyard" effect coming.
Blessing when I need more health/more attack. (This is the card that most likely can be replaced)
HoG when I think it's safe to use it and rival doesn't have any silly trick remains.
Revival for Aliria/Survive main unit one more turn before Cait Sith SS works.
Wisp for emergency 10 HP rescue and as third row 1 tank so I can sacrifice Wisp for Cait Sith SS activation.
Second Weiss for emergency 10 HP rescue/meatbag against opponent with rangeless attack/Cait Sith SS activation/Raste and Silverion SP fodder.
Note:
Also Curse you all who use Buncle opening, Corruption, Garfath SS, Fellana SS.
I hate you all.
And I love Zug or those 30/30 SS user.
I have no love for GMB Zangadylan+Holy Shield though.
Your grim is too OP.
Last edited by CainHyde on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Re: Solar Kingdom File Help

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:23 am

If you get a buncle lash, play a second buncle turn 2. Now you have a 1sp advantage over your opponent!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Seizan » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:36 am

Well, he still needs Refess lvl 4 for Guardian, so backlash isn't that bad (and usually it still is 1sp advantage). What I don't get is how you play that deck? Emerald -> Veiswogel -> ??? (2nd SK -> skip-> Guardian? SK 0 -> Aliria?)
Replace Blessing with Lavende so you can use some other ss instead of second Caith Sith? Not sure how that would work with Raste, she is 5sp you're never going to see again after all... But then again, much like Aliria she's grimbait, and having 2 of those on field can be annoying for opponents.
Seizan

Postby CainHyde » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:28 am

There are 4 problem with that Gon.
1. First it's not guaranteed, opponent won't use second buncle. Some of my Refess match do that pretty often. And against anything but Lawtia, I have no big problem with 2nd turn skip.
2. File space issue. I can kick some of the card in exchange of good main card. But I don't think I can do that just for for opening card.
3. 3rd and 4rd Cait Sith SS. Receiving 2 Buncle back from graveyard is annoying and lessen my chance of winning. Believe me, Weiss sometimes save me during mid or end game. Sometimes it's that healing, sometimes it's SP, sometimes she take the killer blow instead of my main important card.
4. Weiss is in the file for a reason. With Weiss, 80% or "put some number here"% of the time I can gain at least 1 SP and it's not rare I can get 2 or 3 SP during battle that I win. Those SP is really important during battle that I have chance to win AND battle where I need to survive until turn 10 against Iczer crazy player or SP denial player. I don't care with normal battle where I almost certain to lose. I'm not that good to be able consistently win those kind of match and more importantly fighting during that kind of battle exhaust me too much.

Yeah... basically I have sorta give up on changing my T1 and T2 opening card.
Cause I need 3 SP during T2 for Weiss, card that other player cannot ignore, and also Shade-proof.
Winning or survive until turn 10 is two main objective of this file.
The other one is fun, so backslash card should be avoided as much as possible.
Very few things makes me more unhappy than multiple backslash.

Yeah... I guess I should also explain how I play the current file a bit too.
^ Added to first post.
There is no stopping it.
CainHyde

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:11 am

I think if you don't have a second buncle or a second sacrificial unit like a kesaran pasaran the rest of your deck is invalid cause you'll fall behind early and you won't catch back up.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby CainHyde » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:22 am

Er... 6 sacrificial unit is not enough in 6 LP files? oO
My file name is Sun Kingdom, that also mean the main unit is only those with Solar Kingdom type.
Buncle, Wisp, Weiss, Silverion, and 2 copy of Raste all is legit to be sacrificed for accessing SS you know.
If they failed to kill Raste and Silverion, it's fine with me but I have no problem with sacrifice them for getting all my Solar Kingdom unit back.
There is no stopping it.
CainHyde

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:14 pm

All I'm saying is... If buncle lashes, and they follow it up with owl sage or KP, and you skip, you're going to be down 1-2 SP from the unit, after their asuet activates first, you're down 3SP on turn 4. Games basically over at that point if you're playing someone good.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:04 pm

No, using second buncle is stupid, especially if you're using cait sith ss, it can be lame when you resurrect a buncle.

Buncles is no shades.

As for stalling, I would go with Pixy Dual wielder for ur first ss if you have her, +2 sp next turn meaning sp drain can't hurt you this turn. I like receiving sp next turn.

And zero, eh, i would rather use something else but better than nothing i guess. But u already have 3 front row units in that file so zero is fine i guess.if you can replace her with another ranged attacker with like 45 hp or higher then it'll be nice.

It just depends on how much you need that genshin SS or not.

Another option is using blessed armor knight, he can be very good open against starters or files that can't boost their attack by squillion points, Spam standby with him. Pity you don't have ex lapierre cuz Folrart Captain sucks.

And what about recov powder, does it help you?

And 2 cait sith sses, did my duels influence you somewhat in going with that?
Callonia

Postby CainHyde » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:52 pm

Yeah, I see your point Gon.
But when those happen, I quickly considered the games as hopeless match.
My objectives shift into survive until turn 10.
Cause I doubt even with second Buncle or KP T2, I can win the fight.
Well... maybe it's possible if I have Lapierre or something crazy like her.

KP T2 is not bad, but if I'm not mistaken that also mean I can't set unit T3 right?
I might try it one day, when Forlart is as calm as last week... maybe.
---
Callonia wrote:As for stalling, I would go with Pixy Dual wielder for ur first ss if you have her, +2 sp next turn meaning sp drain can't hurt you this turn. I like receiving sp next turn.
And zero, eh, i would rather use something else but better than nothing i guess. But u already have 3 front row units in that file so zero is fine i guess.if you can replace her with another ranged attacker with like 45 hp or higher then it'll be nice.
It just depends on how much you need that genshin SS or not.
Another option is using blessed armor knight, he can be very good open against starters or files that can't boost their attack by squillion points, Spam standby with him. Pity you don't have ex lapierre cuz Folrart Captain sucks.
And what about recov powder, does it help you?
And 2 cait sith sses, did my duels influence you somewhat in going with that?

+2 SP next turn SS eh?
I used it for the other variant of my Solar file in Crest.
It's not bad...
The effect just look a bit plain to me. ^^;
Something like "It's boring but practical."
I guess little Timmy inside me is the main reason I'm not really excited with that SS.
But yeah... that SS is good candidate as 1st SS replacement.

Yeah, I have no 3 copy of any ranged replacement card yet...
When I get one, I might switch her out.
Recovery powder is not bad, but I forget why I decide to stop using it and choose using Weiss lately.
Maybe something happened... Can't remember at the moment.

Nope, I've been using 2 Cait Sith SS even before I saw that replay.
I've been starting to use it since making my second version of Solar file.
Also when I saw your replay, I had already finished my 25 turn 10 battle with this file.
I did feel pretty funny when I saw that replay though.
I thought I'm the only one crazy enough to use 2 Cait Sith SS for cemetery retrieval purpose.
There is no stopping it.
CainHyde

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Okay Callonia you say 2 buncle is noob, but I talk to Worthing about this and he says NOT doing 2 buncle is noob. Hmm I wonder who's opinion I should listen to.

Let's look at EM vs WK

If the EM player starts: Buncle - Weiss - Verlaat ... the EM player will lose to WK player 100% of the time.
If the EM player starts: Buncle - Weiss - Buncle... the EM player may be able to outplay a lower skilled WK player and win, or FORCE a fruit roll for at worst 50% chance of victory.

KP might not be a bad card to use Cain. An early KP puts a lot of files in a jam to stop it, kinda like how an early Archer Scout is a huge problem for some files. Plus you may force a Falkow player to tidal it, meaning that's 1 less Return you'll have to worry about and he just wasted his Tidal.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom