How do you run Grimcounts?

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Re: Oversoul with Grim Counts?

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:34 pm

Mirelia is STILL GOOD at 50HP. She just isn't "meta material."

I played Mirelia last set and got roughly an 80%-85% win rate. However I played Mirelia like Falkow and not like Gowen. Very few people know how to play falkow like falkow...

EDIT: Yeah I agree with Gadu. Splashing oversouls and revivals would be far better used in files like Orcs, BKR, or Serpent than grim count files. JohnJo's orcs are a perfect example of how splashing refess grims can extend the life of a combo file and outlast the opponent. Mirelia ain't no dam combo file!!!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Re: How do you run Grimcounts?

Postby gabotheplaya » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:01 am

... yet.

reading through this since i have the bits and pieces to make one by PCing 2 more Mirs. no alnas though, but i think i can live without her.

go go continue the discussion and teach me. :D

P.S. pretty sure i play falkow like falkow gon. :D
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby ErnnLaties » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:54 am

don`t waste ur PCs on Mirelia right now, she can`t make a file herself... you need all the other pieces to have a relatively high win%. she`s not instant win like Bringer
ErnnLaties

Postby Otonashi » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:23 pm

I'm really wondering what a front line like Renally/Ascarat/Mirelia would look like. I wish I could try it myself but I only have one copy of Mirelia (everybody has/had one copy of Mirelia =X)
Otonashi

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:51 pm

I got roughly 80-85 percent win rate using mirelia leet frog and sorc monk a set or so ago. I then got about 80-85 percent win using mitelia wiz soldier leet bernet and vondora. She's still very good just people don't have any clue whatsoever how to play control files.

I'm working on making videos with voice casts to explain what I'm talking about and how to play falkow like falkow.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Spears » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:00 pm

Otonashi wrote:I'm really wondering what a front line like Renally/Ascarat/Mirelia would look like. I wish I could try it myself but I only have one copy of Mirelia (everybody has/had one copy of Mirelia =X)

I just pcd and exchanged a set of asacrat with something similar in mind. guess i gotta pc a forbidden book or two too, damn you recycle button.
Spears

Postby AquasFire2 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:14 pm

im curious playing falkow like gowen that is an interesting thing to say that most people make the mistake of.Not sure if i exactly get your point by saying that either just because some one might be playing it more offensively does not exactly make a falkow deck played like gowen if that what you mean. Can you elaborate on that?

Just because it seems more like to me your saying everyone has to play it exactly the same for it to be effective not saying ss and unit wise but play style not trying to be rude though
AquasFire2

Postby Romdeau » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:39 pm

Playing Falkow like Gowen is aggro oriented playstyle (think typical mermaids file) which is focused on fielding your files units to duke it out with the opponent's units. Falkow's style is using manipulation and returns to generate an sp advantage (not necessarily a card advantage) which puts you ahead of your opponent and allows you to end the game with your opponent starved for sp.

Something like that anyhow.
Romdeau

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:41 pm

Someone who plays falkow like gowen would get a much higher win percentage by keeping the same souls, and swapping all falkow cards for gowen cards and returns for damage grims. People can do whatever they want but if you look at a tribe like Wiz King, the only high RP WK files that have ever existed have been falkow played like falkow.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby ErnnLaties » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:50 pm

well as prolly one of the best Falkow aggro players out there :D I`d like to say that sometimes it`s just cooler to use pretty falkow cards and win with them in a way you like :p I think WK academy people are cool looking and have a better theme/story than gowen units who are generally lone star/wild creatures.

so it`s like pokemon, you win with your favorites in your own way ;)
ErnnLaties

PreviousNext

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom