two Underdog questions

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

two Underdog questions

Postby wobbiso » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:38 pm

Hello, Alteil community, I'm pretty new to underdog files and I have two specific questions about the status display on my iczer page, and a rule regarding the Underdog Achievement.

1. On my iczer profile, after winning a few matches with my underdog file, it still says "Underdog Duelist : ready!". I figured it would count my wins (like it shows on the old iczer profile here: http://alteil.gamepotusa.com/rulebook/index.php?page=achievements&subsection=underdog_duelist) with my underdog file but the status display seems to do nothing. Did I build my underdog file incorrectly or does the status not change?

2. Apparently, we are allowed "2 cards that can be anything" from the exception list, "even if they are not on the Underdog Lists". However, are we allowed to have more than 2 from the exception list if they ARE on the Underdog List? Wording says yes we can, but it's possible that it wasn't scripted this way. It probably was, I'm just curious.
wobbiso

Re: two Underdog questions

Postby gadu » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:04 pm

1. I think you have to refresh the page for those numbers to change. You can add that to the long list of crap/bugs that Alteil could upgrade.

2. Correct.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Romdeau » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:08 pm

For future reference, please do not dump every new thread you want to make into GD-we have other forums for a reason.
Romdeau

Postby Urkredel » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:04 am

Also pay attention that only 10+ turns victory count!
Urkredel

Postby gabotheplaya » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:59 am

UD file=
4 UD sould +1 non-UD soul
21 UD cards + 2 exception cards (spirits and lvl 3 SP gen grims) + 2 non-UD cards (exception or otherwise)

ofcourse, you may choose to avail of the leeway given to you OR go full commando with just the UD cards. there is no requirement for not using your exception/unrestricted, but for file strength purposes its usually not a good idea to pass these up.

remember the 10 turns, for as long as the turn number turns 10, your opponent could DC or whatever, it'll still count.

you are NOT allowed to quit/DC even past turn 10, the match has to end normally.

have fun, because you'll most likely be loosing a lot unless you shelled out for those cards on the UD list simply because they are so rare (looking at you catira).

uncommon factions are sometimes in, gowen rankup/WK/orks/maids/assassins (not sure of solar kingdom since they seem unrunnable without the best rares that are normally not UD) and such.

lastly, when in doubt, slap in sphere hate and watch to good times roll... assuming your opponent doesn't rage quit after seeing the first sphere hate SS.
Last edited by gabotheplaya on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby AlanK » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:30 am

gabotheplaya wrote:
you are NOT allowed to quit/DC even past turn 10, the match has to end normally.

Dono about the dc part but if your opponent gives up on turn 10 then you still get the UD win... Also Ive recently had to start asking people not to quit before turn 10 as they do it... A lot.
Professional Spectator
Yuni City Duelists have free tea, what can I say
Was a Free player till lvl 140 ... I heart Alteil QQ.
ImageImage
AlanK

Postby CainHyde » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:58 am

AlanK wrote:Dono about the dc part but if your opponent gives up on turn 10 then you still get the UD win... Also Ive recently had to start asking people not to quit before turn 10 as they do it... A lot.

Do you usually polite and rarely using rage-worthy card Alank?
And yes, normally give up after turn 10 should be counted too as a UD win.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby AlanK » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:42 am

I would hardly say that using Falkow ud with no end game units is rage worthy and I think I am polite ...
Professional Spectator
Yuni City Duelists have free tea, what can I say
Was a Free player till lvl 140 ... I heart Alteil QQ.
ImageImage
AlanK

Postby Seizan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:51 am

gabotheplaya wrote:UD file=
4 UD sould +1 non-UD soul
21 UD cards + 2 exception cards (spirits and lvl 3 SP gen grims) + 2 non-UD grims (exception or otherwise)

Slight correction: 2 non-UD cards of any type.

First of all, you have to win for UD to count. :P What you meant is daily requirement. If you give up after round 10 it still won't count for the purpose of daily. As far as opponent is concerned, he can surrender after round 10 and both UD and daily will still count for you.

Edit: Small nested quote mistake.
Last edited by Seizan on Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seizan

Postby CainHyde » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:00 am

AlanK wrote:I would hardly say that using Falkow ud with no end game units is rage worthy and I think I am polite ...

Then it's not weird seeing lots of people agree to not quit before turn 10 for you. :)
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom