Pre Built Usage:Death in Details

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Pre Built Usage:Death in Details

Postby OxyAcid » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:30 am

I just bought the Death in Details mid-lawtia file.. I've already tested it with different NPC's but I don't seem to get it's tactic.
Any suggestions for at least a 3-4 turn move?
Thanks
OxyAcid

Re: Pre Built Usage:Death in Details

Postby germbuster1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:41 am

the key to using the file is dropping multiple lvl 4 units to overwhelm the opponents..
if i were the user of the file.. i'd open it like this...
shade-soulpact-ancient zombie lord- a lvl 3(prolly an undead unit :P ) or soul pact again. it will depend on the matchup on how you will open it though..
sometimes shade soul pact then the winged creature is better. sometimes you might need a second shade.. sometimes shade pact pact is better to get to your core lvl 5 units early on.. especially if its a grim file.. you'd want that lvl 5 60 hp 4 agi 60 atk monster right away in the field...
anyway., that's my opinion on how to use the file...

show me how you play it.. post a video.. and we can comment from there turn by turn..
keep having fun.. and enjoy playing the game of alteil.
germbuster1

Postby OxyAcid » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:54 am

Thanks for the suggestion.. Earlier today, I've started with Shade>Consuming>skip so the Shde dies>then a lvl 4(i dun know which) but always pick broken iron soldier.
hmm..vid eh? i think i cant make a good vid nor creating a vid XD sorry
OxyAcid

Postby Logress » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:58 pm

Consuming Grudge is there to help you time the Skeleton Warrior Soul Skill to get a free revive at the beginning of a turn, it shouldn't be used until then or it will put you in an SP hole.
Depending on the speed of your opponent's file, you can open Shade, Pact, Ancient Zombie Lord for maximum SP effecency (but slow speed) or Shade, Pact, Pact (early Iczers on theh enemy's part will probably give you an advantage SP-wise long term, especially if you can time Nightwing right).
If the enemy is weak to one of you level 4's, you can try Shade, pact, LV4. for example, an enemy Revnant would be weak to Francis, while someone rushing out low level units might be weak to XXXX, and an SP generating unit (which requires the enemy leave loose SP in his SP pool) would be weak to Nightwing Wyvern.

There are basically three strategies to the file: 1) field quality over quantity -- high powered higher level units. 2) Slow the enemy down so he can't overwhelm your field before they can do their thing, and 3) Counter your enemy's specific tactics.

1) involves Swordswoman, XXX, Frances, and in the later game when his Action skill is actually useful, UK Zug. To a lesser extent Devil, but as long as he's got some tanks around him, with his Action skill he can last a long time. They are all capable of really tearing into the enemy file, with speed, damage and and special abilities. The units that need speed are super fast, and the ones that don't are super slow, so they're pretty effecient stat-wise.

2) Involves two parts, SP drain and tanking. Night Wing Wyvern's Open Skill, Living Armor's Close skill and leaving yourself open to an early Iczer bring the SP pressure. UK Zug, Living Armor and for the (very) end game, ZL Zug, all bring the tanking. Merc Death is also effectivelly SP drain, if the enemy fields a very high level unit.

3) This part is tricky, but once you get the hang of it will be invaluable. Crest Devil Knight can counter high AT hyper aggro tactics, and some field wipes. Francis is good agaist bigs, Undead, Lycans and counterskill units. Night Wing Wyvern can counter SP gen, late game UK Zug can counter some speed files, Swordswoman can use her Bash against units that are slow but strong, and her Bane against grim-dependent files. The whole file has some built in Falkow protection because it has no LV2 or 3 units.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby CainHyde » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:44 pm

Logress wrote:The whole file has some built in Falkow protection because it has no LV2 or 3 units.

Nice to know that Dio and Mystere are not Falkow cards.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby wakka9ca » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:00 pm

CainHyde wrote:
Logress wrote:The whole file has some built in Falkow protection because it has no LV2 or 3 units.

They are not Falkow cards, they are OP cards.
wakka9ca

Postby CainHyde » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:29 pm

wakka9ca wrote:
CainHyde wrote:

They are not Falkow cards, they are OP cards.

Yeah now I know. :D
At first, I wasn't sure... but Logress has erased my doubt whether they are Falkow cards or not.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby OxyAcid » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:32 pm

@Sir Logress
Thank you sir...
I've tried each strategy 5 times, and the 1st method was easy to learn (timing really IS needed.. -__- ) somewhat like a basic gameplay.
Timing on the third often messes how i like to fight harshly.. so Ima thinkin on method 1 and 2.

Question Sir.. Since the file is a Pre-Built, it means it have been simulated before selling it to the players right? Does that mean I dun have to change any cards on the File? After your answer Sir Logress, I can give the list of my cards. If that's okay with you.

Anyways..The small guide was helpful.^^
But I would still like to learn a few tactics using the file. :P
OxyAcid

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:07 am

You're an idiot if you don't change your ss and all your opponents know what's coming up.
Also logress. What would you do when talisman mystic hits once at agi 4 and your opponent plays ruuca time stop owl and spams fire dragon or ice dragon? Nothin in there to stop it.
Icyman2

Postby Icyglare » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:45 am

Nightwing to drain extra SP
Crest Veteran Swordman by agi roll
Consuming Grudge by luck
Merciless Death

........ I know that's not the answer you're looking for though Icyman :D
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare