Old-timer passing by

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Old-timer passing by

Postby InfernityFan2 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:29 am

Hi,

I used to play in here from Set 8 EX I believe, but I go MIA after Set 9. Not because of the game, but because I have urgent things to do at that time that I dropped most of my hobbies (except reading VNs). Anyway, I decided on a whim to check on this game. look good, and even new sets :D I'm probably going to play this game, but not as frequent as I used to be.

Some questions,
1) How is the current metagame? (dominant file, balanced or not, playerbase, those stuffs)
2) Set 9 EX availability? (or any other EX sets for that matter)
3) Any notable improvement in gameplay? (like Underdog Feature)

Thanks!
InfernityFan2

Re: Old-timer passing by

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:12 pm

I was sad when you left cause you were so fun to watch play... However I understand IRL is more important. I got some stuff coming up in a few months that might force me to drop all hobbies as well. Hope you're doing well!

In regards to the meta, I think there is a insanely diverse array of files that can make it up to, say 1800RP, but then from there (most files have weaknesses) there is only a tiny fraction that are playable at the highest level.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby InfernityFan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:31 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I was sad when you left cause you were so fun to watch play... However I understand IRL is more important. I got some stuff coming up in a few months that might force me to drop all hobbies as well. Hope you're doing well!

In regards to the meta, I think there is a insanely diverse array of files that can make it up to, say 1800RP, but then from there (most files have weaknesses) there is only a tiny fraction that are playable at the highest level.

Thanks, I'm doing well. Nice to know you are still here, Gon :D I still need to get used to some new cards and I have become rusty as well :( I just played my pure SK file. But I forgot about Guardian opening... My opponent easily stomped me (he's using Vosrot).

Anyway, what files do you think are playable at the highest level right now?

EDIT: Do I need the new Opal for my Carbuncle file? If I do, how many do I need to play?
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:59 pm

Hmm.. Well pixies and EN are still in god-tier. They're both sort of high skill though. A lot of people will claim they "aren't as good" or "not viable anymore," but probably they just mean "my version of X isn't as good."

There were 3 super powerful cards that came out last set - Emana, Dilate, and Ruuca. Some Gowen BKR files are now using DIlate and Ruuca. So the BKR stuff is still good as ever. Emana is incredibly powerful, to the extent that she's used in like everything (even SK return files). Top Falkow file now is Emana/Dion control. Kinda like the dion control you'd see a few sets ago but its better with Emana.

edit: opal isn't required but having 1 or 2 copies would not hurt you.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom