What does a Partner do?

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

What does a Partner do?

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:15 pm

According to the glossary a partner is:
A person from Lavato who travels with an Iczer, giving them advice and learning from their duels.

You don't start with a partner, but they are sold in the shop (most for incredibly high FM costs, or the cost of 2 packs in Gran). It appears you can only have 1 partner at a time and each partner has a limited number of "uses". However the shop does not appear to explain what those "uses" do, just shows how many of them each partner has and what the partner looks like.

Also there is a weird partner who is free with has japanese text for its name and description and has a picture of a notebook computer. I purchased and equipped it on the alpha servers. Its effect seemed non existent however. At the beginning of a match it would show up on the screen and the word "null" would come out of it, suggesting to me that if it was translated/not glitched it would have said some sort of advice. However after the match I checked and the partner screen still showed it as having 20/20 uses so it seems that advice bit doesn't count as a "use".
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: What does a Partner do?

Postby Kyoshi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:29 pm

Did you try clicking the laptop thing? Maybe when you activate it you would null the abilities of something at the beginning? Maybe it gives you a slight advantage?
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby Pherguzon » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:15 pm

They just give you advice and trash talk for you i think.
Pherguzon

Postby Sillvog » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:46 pm

I got the partner (Final One "Arius") and all he does is talk. His uses go down each battle is seems.
Sillvog

Postby Allied » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:41 am

Dont buy a partner, I wasted my money on one, They just tell you the basics from all i have seen
Allied

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom