Phase, steps, and timing.

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Phase, steps, and timing.

Postby BcDed » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:07 pm

One thing that I've noticed is that it never really says how the timing in this game works. You know that it's devided into the set active and action phases but that doesn't tell us a whole lot. When the card is revealed is it used immediately or can it be used at a later time in the turn(like with grimoire cards). When do cards go to the graveyard at the beginning of the next turn or the end of the turn they died(which is important for soul abilities). What happens when two effects occur at the same time contradict each other(such as one switching it to night and another switching it to day). And what about the normal day to night progression how does it work.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
BcDed

Re: Phase, steps, and timing.

Postby Kyoshi » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:14 pm

BcDed wrote:One thing that I've noticed is that it never really says how the timing in this game works. You know that it's devided into the set active and action phases but that doesn't tell us a whole lot. When the card is revealed is it used immediately or can it be used at a later time in the turn(like with grimoire cards). When do cards go to the graveyard at the beginning of the next turn or the end of the turn they died(which is important for soul abilities). What happens when two effects occur at the same time contradict each other(such as one switching it to night and another switching it to day). And what about the normal day to night progression how does it work.

I can answer the night to day phase. After each turn the time of day changes from Morning-Day-Night and such. I never checked the tutorial but the rest of your answer could be in there.I'm not for sure but its worth checking if you haven't checked it already.
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Re: Phase, steps, and timing.

Postby Grain » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:19 pm

Watching this video may answer your questions.
Grain

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom