new cards ?

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

new cards ?

Postby magnum » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:29 am

how are you able to buy/gen new cards and packs ? are you going to have to transform money into game money (gran) ? or can you buy them with FM ?
magnum

Re: new cards ?

Postby Moozze » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:32 am

You can buy booster packs with both FM and G. It contains random cards. You can also recycle cards but I have no idea how that works.
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby magnum » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:39 am

all I see in the shop is one card pack and you can only buy that with gran
magnum

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:17 am

Moozze wrote:You can buy booster packs with both FM and G. It contains random cards. You can also recycle cards but I have no idea how that works.

Incorrect. Currently FM is only used for aesthetic purposes (that is changing the way your avatar looks and buying partners who talk to you at the beginning of battle but seem to serve no other purpose) or buying items (which are currently untranslated so I don't know what they do but from what I've heard they do things like increase the chance of treasure battles occurring and increase experience received after battle).

Because this is a beta and not the real game the only way to get Gran currently is through mirage master and even then only once per day and in small amounts. When the game officially launches you'll be able to purchase gran with real money and use said gran to buy packs.

You can however get new cards in several other ways:
- Every so often (so far for me its been about once every 5 battles) you're normal duel will become a treasure duel with a random card put up for grabs by the computer, whoever wins the duel gets it.
- Every level up you're given access to 4 cards (one of each clan) from which you can choose one to add to your collection.
- If your lucky enough to run into some one who works at alteil in a non-training room and beat them you are gifted with a card (this has only happened to me once so far but I was awarded a 4 star rarity card)
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Kyoshi » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:49 pm

@ Dan:
Sir I have played over 15 duels and not seen one Treasure Battle yet and played several people twice.

And also recycling cards you will never use can gain you gran for the lottery.
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby lupos » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:52 pm

Treasure battles are kind of rare, like treasure, but I've had at least two of them. IF you got one every 15 times you played it wouldn't take long to get a whole heck of a lot of cards. We do want people to buy some stuff. Gotta eat ya know. ;)

Also, we will most likely be adding some "test gran" in the next day or two to every account so people can try out the shop.

As for the purpose of partners, I have a cute maid girl who calls me master and tells me how great I am. If that's not your thing then thats not your thing ;)
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Kyoshi » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:56 pm

lupos wrote:Treasure battles are kind of rare, like treasure, but I've had at least two of them. IF you got one every 15 times you played it wouldn't take long to get a whole heck of a lot of cards. We do want people to buy some stuff. Gotta eat ya know. ;)

Also, we will most likely be adding some "test gran" in the next day or two to every account so people can try out the shop.

As for the purpose of partners, I have a cute maid girl who calls me master and tells me how great I am. If that's not your thing then thats not your thing ;)

Sir I feel you just want our money so you can dump it into a pool and swim. Not to say the 3 foot deep area will probably be my money. But that was not the point!

Anyways lupos, I wish to find you and regain my honour on the battlefield. From the gruesome defeat you lead me to during a lesson of how to play. Sorry for the off-topicness.
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:35 pm

X_X really, treasure battles are rare? This makes me REALLY sad that these accounts are going to get wiped now. I've had 7 treasure battles now in my first 21 duels (well I've had 22 duels now but my last one was in my 21st duel), several times I've had treasure battles in back to back duels. I've won every treasure battle and won my duel with a GM as well, I've already gotten 2 four star rarity cards of my clan (1 via treasure battle one via the GM duel). I was going to be sad when it was wiped regardless but I figured that treasure battles were just very common and thus I would get this many again next time but if its true that I've just been really lucky, what an awful time to get lucky X_X I hate wasting my luck when it doesn't matter.

I AM however 22-0 currently so its possibly maybe that your chance of getting a treasure battle increases as your win streaks increase maybe? All though, on the other hand, there's 2 people involved in the duel so I'm not sure how likely that is.

Regarding partners, if that's really all they do, say a little line over and over at the start of battle, that's pretty disappointing. I mean don't get me wrong, its kind of cool, but its not worth the huge Gran and FM costs Partner's seem to have, and the fact they have limited uses is pretty perplexing as well. If I'm going to pay that much for what is basically just another avatar decoration I want something that's at least permanent.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom