Nuances in attacking

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Nuances in attacking

Postby Chronomaster » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:58 pm

I was wondering, are attack targets evenly split in randomness, or is there some sort of formula based on factors that gives certain units a higher chance to take a hit over others?
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Re: Nuances in attacking

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:18 pm

Very good question...Someone get in here and answer this guy! :P

-Az

Postby Kyoshi » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:45 pm

Are you asking if when your card attacks if there is a sort of accuracy involved in the attack? or are you asking if the card has a random space attack that there is a higher chance of it hitting a space with something or nothing in it?
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby Cr4zy_P1r0m4n14c » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:28 pm

i think u r asking about whom attacks first or gets the first hit,
from my understanding the unit with the higher agility gets to attack first.
but u may be asking a totally diferent question...
Image Not even kittens are this cute ^_^...or this DEADLY...
Cr4zy_P1r0m4n14c

Postby bahka » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:32 pm

I believe the original question and also my question is:

When one of your units attack, is it completely random on which enemy unit you will hit, or is there other factors as well? For example, if there are 2 enemy units, is there a 50/50 chance of hitting the one you want or is there a higher chance you will hit the unit closest to you, etc..
bahka

Postby erestor » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:10 pm

chronomaster wrote:I was wondering, are attack targets evenly split in randomness, or is there some sort of formula based on factors that gives certain units a higher chance to take a hit over others?

from my experience playin durin' the alpha luanch on tuesday, the selection of the target card was entirly random.

for example:
|_| |_| |_| if i were to attack with card ''X'' one round its target card would be card ''B'',
|_| |_| |_| then the next round if card ''X'' was not killed then it would attack a different card.
|A| |B| |C|

|X| |Y| |Z|
|_| |_| |_|
|_| |_| |_|

now i know that i probably did not answer your question, but that is how understand it.
hopefully an admin. will answer soon
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby Kyoshi » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:25 pm

I don't understand what he is asking but from what I gathered from playing it at A-kon. Depending on agility is who attacks first and then depending on range depends on what the attacking card can target and the random attacks I used were just thrown wildly but always hit one of the opponents cards... not just missing. But then again it was usually affecting a row.
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby Chronomaster » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:05 pm

bahka wrote:I believe the original question and also my question is:

When one of your units attack, is it completely random on which enemy unit you will hit, or is there other factors as well? For example, if there are 2 enemy units, is there a 50/50 chance of hitting the one you want or is there a higher chance you will hit the unit closest to you, etc..

bahka wins a cookie. The rest of you fail, except az who probably got it. erestor fails because he provided a faulty example. :V

I'm thinking attacks are chosen completely at random. Who knows though. There's probably an ability like tanking out there, or maybe there is some hidden factor to drawing attack agro.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby erestor » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:15 pm

well sorry
my explanation was ''lost in translation''
talkin face to face i can explain it
like the genius guy from rode trip
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby Kyoshi » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:51 pm

chronomaster wrote:
bahka wrote:I believe the original question and also my question is:

bahka wins a cookie. The rest of you fail, except az who probably got it. erestor fails because he provided a faulty example. :V

I'm thinking attacks are chosen completely at random. Who knows though. There's probably an ability like tanking out there, or maybe there is some hidden factor to drawing attack agro.

Your attacks aren't random, as long as the card you want to attack is in range damage is done. There is no chances of it not hitting unless it is out of range. And for the instances where there are two in the attacking range only one can be targeted unless the attack is a row attack. And the only time damage is not done is if an ability nullifies the attack.
This is from my experience of playing the game at A-kon.
alpha428
Kyoshi

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom