Names and Avatar genders?

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Names and Avatar genders?

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:00 pm

I'm just curious if anyone can explain to me in a bit more detail how avatars and names are going to work. Is my name just going to be DanTheTimid or can I alter/create a new nick name for use in the actual game? Am I chained to my initial gender choice for avatar or can I try my hand at both genders?

For example, I started as a guy avatar but a new female avatar item comes out that looks really cool. Can I switch to a female avatar so I can acquire and make use of that item or is my account forever limited to male only avatar items? Also lets say I get a cool dragon deck and an avatar with dragon armor, could I say change my name to DragonMasterDan (assuming its not currently taken) or am I forever stuck with my initial account name?
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: Names and Avatar genders?

Postby TheVogfather » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:04 pm

i would asume once you set a gender you kinda keep it. you could always start another account.. or mabe if you get a reallllly bord gm even then that won't be likely..
A#221
TheVogfather

Postby Chronomaster » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:07 pm

The_VogFather wrote:i would asume once you set a gender you kinda keep it. you could always start another account.. or mabe if you get a reallllly bord gm even then that won't be likely..

Stop giving them ideas!
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby TheVogfather » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:08 pm

chronomaster wrote:
The_VogFather wrote:i would asume once you set a gender you kinda keep it. you could always start another account.. or mabe if you get a reallllly bord gm even then that won't be likely..

Stop giving them ideas!

awww do i gotta?!
A#221
TheVogfather

Postby Rad!oZonde » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:09 pm

The_VogFather wrote:
chronomaster wrote:

Stop giving them ideas!

awww do i gotta?!

lol honestly I want to see where this goes
HENSHIN GO!!!
Rad!oZonde

Postby Chronomaster » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:14 pm

Rad!oZonde wrote:
The_VogFather wrote:
chronomaster wrote:Stop giving them ideas!

awww do i gotta?!

lol honestly I want to see where this goes

It goes to me waking up to my account having 5 different genders. :<
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby TheVogfather » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:18 pm

5? we have 5? coool let me guess.... male, female, Decapodian, zentron, and wookie?
Last edited by TheVogfather on Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A#221
TheVogfather

Postby Rad!oZonde » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:19 pm

lol

ah confusion, it's what's for dinner
HENSHIN GO!!!
Rad!oZonde

Postby lupos » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:29 pm

Name... thats tricky.

See, in the game itself, when you register, you get an iczer name and a login name. In the site and the forum there is a user name and name.

Now I've got it so the forum uses the websites user names, my job for the next two weeks is to develop a way to make the game jive with the website user database. What will most likely happen is we will use the "username" you have chosen as your login name. Then, in the future when I have the new registration module working (*god i hope*) it will make all new users create a name, login/user name, iczer name. For anyone who is already signed up now, I will most likely offer to manually change peoples iczer names for them.

Hopefully that makes sense. It hurts my head thinking about how to make it work :shock:
lupos
Site Admin

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:59 pm

I don't see why people are making a big deal about gender, its just an avatar. In most MMORPGs I play I typically have both a male and female characters. On forums I some time have male avatars, female avatars, and even just random symbols or gender ambiguous creatures. Your just representing yourself with something you think looks cool and I don't see why you should be restricted to only half the potential avatars : - /

As for the name thing I ask because in Urban Rivals, another online card game, you can change your name whenever you want so its just something I've grown accustomed to and found to be fun/useful on occasion. I can understand though how from a technical point if thats not how it was in the Japaneses version that it'd probably be a rather annoyingly difficult thing to implement. Its nice to know though that should I desire to change my name later that it may be made available to me at least once. Especially if we can't change our avatars gender and I end up like the female avatars more I may change my name to something a bit more gender ambiguous if I end up getting a lot of flak about being a male name with a female avatar.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom