Game FAQ

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Re: Game FAQ

Postby DarkAuron » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Can FM be used to buy cards at all? Or does it have to be Gran that has to be used?
DarkAuron

Postby Candi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:10 pm

As of now, there is no way to purchase cards with FM - FM is used solely for avatar modification.
Candi

Postby Romdeau » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:45 am

DarkAuron wrote:Can FM be used to buy cards at all? Or does it have to be Gran that has to be used?

Thank you for using this thread instead of creating a new thread.
Romdeau

Postby Cashew » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:38 pm

How do I get Lapierre Sensei to stop talking to me. <<; The tips aren't anything helpful at this point.
Cashew

Postby Candi » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:48 pm

On your My Iczer tab select the "Select Partner" option and remove her as a partner.
Candi

Postby nexusknight2 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:08 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:
Rad!oZonde wrote:
DanTheTimid wrote:8) My card has a RNG (range) of 3. Why can’t I hit the enemy in row 3?
A good way to think of RNG is this: with a RNG of 1, you can only attack the person right in front of you. With a RNG of 2, you can attack over his head and hit the guy behind him. With a RNG of 3, you can attack over two people and hit the guy behind them. The number of rows between you and your target doesn’t matter, the number of Units between you and your target does matter.

This sounds a little confusing to me, could you clarify that I'm understanding this correctly? Are you saying because the card has range of 3 it can only hit the enemy if he has 3 card in a row and even then only the back enemy? So as long as my opponent never puts more then 2 units in a row, regardless of what row they are in, all my range 3 cards are completely incapable of attacking? That seems overly restrictive.

the range [from what I understood from the akon booth demo] just explains the 'reach' of a character card. It can still attack any other part of the field
for example:

|_| |r| |_|
|o| |_| |_| <enemy field
|_| |_| |m|

|v| |_| |_|
|_| |x| |_| <your field
|_| |_| |_|

now lets say that card x has a range of 3, there are two enemy cards that card x can attack, enemy card m and enemy card o.
card v also has a range of 3, in it's current position it can attack any card on the enemy field.
Now if card x has a range of 4 it can do so as well.

let's say that card o only has a range of 2. It will only be able to attack the first row. This would basically be a waste of range in this type of situation. However if the other player only has range 1 characters on the field you can use this to your advantage since they will not be able to reach the range 2 card

I appreciate the reply but this explanation seems to contradict the FAQ. According to the FAQ "The number of rows between you and your target doesn’t matter, the number of Units between you and your target does matter." However based on your example its the rows that matter since the only difference between v and x is the number of rows between them and the enemy units.

are combos useful? i'm just a noob
;a40 ;a17 ;a17
nexusknight2

Postby lupos » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:44 am

nexusknight2 wrote:are combos useful? i'm just a noob
;a40 ;a17 ;a17

Sorry for the slow reply, figured one of our users would handle this. Not sure what exactly you mean by combos. There are lots of cards that support other cards directly and a lot of clever ways to pair cards that sort of indirectly enhance each other.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:12 pm

I would have replied except I had (and still have) no real clue what is being asked or what kind of response is being looked for. My old post that was quoted is especially puzzling in the context of the question asked.

You can't play more then one card in a give turn so the extent a combo can exist is a bit limited, but you are allowed to have up to 9 units in play at a time so they can combo with each other. A common combo of set 1 was Brave Soldier and Panther Soul, after playing brave soldier you'd play panther soul on him next turn to take advantage of his amazing rank up ability. The combo was incredibly powerful back then (and still is powerful) but has lost some of its potency as the game has evolved. An example of 2 units that can combo together would be combining Inquisition Raid Leader with any/all of your 25 attack refess units. More often then not 30 attack is the magic number you want to have for units, so IRL's +5 attack to all friendly unit start skill combo's well with many refess units. Another 2 card unit combo thats still popular is Mystere and Undine, after you have a Mystere in play and your opponent has a unit you want to get rid of, play Undine and use its AGI reduction ability to super-slow the opponents offending unit, then because its AGI is so slow its now a legal target for Mystere's effect.

So yeah, combos are useful in this game if my above examples were what you meant by combo.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Shinichiromi » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:41 pm

I didn't see this anywhere in the rules or google, so please forgive me if this is a repeat question.

How many of a single card are we allowed to put in a deck? Three seems to be the implied number, what with the starter pack makeup and everything, but it's never explicitly stated.

Thank you very much.
Shinichiromi

Postby Gota » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:56 pm

3 per deck, including soul slots.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

PreviousNext

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom