Game FAQ

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Re: Game FAQ

Postby ktchong » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:51 pm

If I have any issue with my account, who should I contact?
ktchong

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:13 pm

Forum post or contact GM.
Peralisc2

Postby DWildstar » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:03 am

ktchong wrote:If I have any issue with my account, who should I contact?

Email lupos at alteil dot com or logress at alteil dot com.
DWildstar

Postby ktchong » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:53 am

Every time I level up, I get to choose one out of four cards as a gift:

• Are those four card choices random, or are them the same for everyone at every level interval?

• I can skip choosing a card by clicking "Skip". If I skip, will I be able to choose it later?

• If the four card choices are random, and if I can skip and delay my choice, will I get the same/different four choices later?

In the Avatar Store:

• If I purchase an item from a category, and then I purchase another item from the same category, what will happen to my first purchase?

i.e., Let say I buy Acolyte Light Armor first. Then I buy the Mad Priest Outfit. Both items belong to the Armor category. The Mad Priest Outfit replaces the Acolyte Light Armor on my avatar. What happens to the Acolyte Light Armor, which I purchased earlier? How does my avatar switch back the the Acolyte Light Armor? Do I repurchase it if I want to use it on my avatar again?
ktchong

Postby DWildstar » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:05 am

ktchong wrote:Every time I level up, I get to choose one out of four cards as a gift:

• Are those four card choices random, or are them the same for everyone at every level interval?

• I can skip choosing a card by clicking "Skip". If I skip, will I be able to choose it later?

• If the four card choices are random, and if I can skip and delay my choice, will I get the same/different four choices later?

In the Avatar Store:

• If I purchase an item from a category, and then I purchase another item from the same category, what will happen to my first purchase?

i.e., Let say I buy Acolyte Light Armor first. Then I buy the Mad Priest Outfit. Both items belong to the Armor category. The Mad Priest Outfit replaces the Acolyte Light Armor on my avatar. What happens to the Acolyte Light Armor, which I purchased earlier? How does my avatar switch back the the Acolyte Light Armor? Do I repurchase it if I want to use it on my avatar again?

Some of the card choices are fixed and others are random. If you skip though, it won't offer you new cards next time you enter the arena, they'll be exactly the same. For the list of levelup cards go here

http://www.alteil.com/rulebook/index.ph ... l_up_cards

To play around with purchased avatar items go to the "My Iczer" page and go to "Avatar manager" where you can swap around all the avatar items you've bought.
DWildstar

Postby ktchong » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:15 am

How does Character Backlash work, exactly?

I know it happens when a player tries to set an unit that is already in play. But sometimes it happens and sometimes it does not. So how exactly when it happens? Or is it random?
ktchong

Postby DWildstar » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:28 am

ktchong wrote:How does Character Backlash work, exactly?

I know it happens when a player tries to set an unit that is already in play. But sometimes it happens and sometimes it does not. So how exactly when it happens? Or is it random?

Regular backlash is when both players set the same card at the same time. Character backlash is a little different. For example, if someone has Kurina on their field, if the opponent tries to summon Kurina it'll get Character backlashed to the cemetery.

Also, if the person who already summoned Kurina tries to summon ANOTHER copy it'll get character backlashed (This counts even if the Kurina card has been killed and has not yet gone to the cemetery!!"
DWildstar

Postby Romdeau » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:29 am

In other words, only 1 copy of each character is allowed to be on the field at any given time. Let me remind you that a face down card (closed) is considered actively on the field still, so if you play the same character while your opponent has his face down, it will backlash.
Romdeau

Postby kyokaze » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:41 am

Remember the difference between a Character and a Unit is look at the name if there is a / then it's a Character. No / and it's a unit. Or you can look above it's subtypes and see Character or Unit also. But the / is the easiest imo.
kyokaze

Postby ktchong » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:21 pm

DWildstar wrote:Character backlash is a little different. For example, if someone has Kurina on their field, if the opponent tries to summon Kurina it'll get Character backlashed to the cemetery.

Also, if the person who already summoned Kurina tries to summon ANOTHER copy it'll get character backlashed (This counts even if the Kurina card has been killed and has not yet gone to the cemetery!!"

That's the problem.

If a player had a character/unit on the field and the opponent tried to set the same character/unit, the character backlash sometimes happened, and sometimes did not.

Does it happened only to duplicate Character Cards as opposed to Unit Cards?
ktchong

PreviousNext

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom