Game FAQ

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Re: Game FAQ

Postby kyokaze » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:29 pm

Yes, Character Backlash is only for Character cards, only 1 copy of a Character can be on the field total, either field. If another is tried to play then it's Character Backlashed.

Regular Backlash is when 2 cards, unit or grimoire, are used at the same time. They cancel each other out with a Backlash and neither are used and both go to the cemetary.
kyokaze

Postby ktchong » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:01 am

When a player revives a dead unit/character, does the unit/character keeps all its HP/AT/DF/AG bonuses, or does it start over with its base stats? (i.e., bonuses that are granted by Grimoire or abilities.)

It seems that sometimes units/characters keep their bonuses when they are revived, and sometimes they do not.
ktchong

Postby DWildstar » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:04 am

ktchong wrote:When a player revives a dead unit/character, does the unit/character keeps all its HP/AT/DF/AG bonuses, or does it start over with its base stats? (i.e., bonuses that are granted by Grimoire or abilities.)

It seems that sometimes units/characters keep their bonuses when they are revived, and sometimes they do not.

When revived a card loses all of its buffs, not sure what situation you think they retained them but please provide specifics if you can remember them.
DWildstar

Postby Xovian » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:20 am

ktchong wrote:When a player revives a dead unit/character, does the unit/character keeps all its HP/AT/DF/AG bonuses, or does it start over with its base stats? (i.e., bonuses that are granted by Grimoire or abilities.)

This only happens with units/characters that have a "close ability", most of which cost sp, (EG: Living Dead) but some like Skeletal Warrior do not use sp, and instead remove a unit from the file. These creatures will keep buffs, all others will close and reset to their base state.
Xovian

Postby ktchong » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:43 am

How rare/common is *** over ** cards? What are the frequencies of getting *, **, ***, **** and ***** cards?? Should I always pick cards with more * (as they have higher recycle values)?

I've just leveled up and given the options of three ** cards and one *** cards. I don't need any of the cards. However, one of the ** cards seem to be somewhat useful to me, but the *** card can be recycled for more Grans. I wonder if I should just take the *** cards, recycle it for 30 Grans, and then just try my luck at the lottery thrice (or four times if I decide to recycle again.)

Notes: My choices are Star Dragon (**), Corruption (**), Gaia Anaconda (**), and Forest Sorceress (***).
ktchong

Postby Romdeau » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:46 am

The recycle rates for the actual rarity of cards is piss poor (especially for 3 star cards, they're about as elusive as 4 stars). If you plan to lotto with the 30 gran, you can expect 3 random 1 star cards (anything other than that and you're lucky). If you're ok with that, go for it. Otherwise, look at the cards carefully and choose.
Romdeau

Postby ktchong » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:50 am

But is it much rarer to get to pick a **** or *** card over a ** one?

My point is, if I pass on choosing a **** or *** card and instead choose a ** one, how likely is it for me to get to choose that **** or *** card again?

Let just put it this way: all four card choices aren't really too useful to me, but one or two could possibly useful in the future if I want to try out other color decks. Those two cards are ** instead of ***. I wonder if I should pick the higher-value *** card just to be safe.
ktchong

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:11 am

Three and four star cards are definitely harder to get than two stars by quite a bit, and I almost always choose the higher rarity card at level-ups..

After all, quite a few pack purchases will get one at least one two star, if not two.
luckysvn777

Postby ktchong » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:48 am

For players who have been playing Alteil for awhile:

Does Alteil ever introduce new Reinforcement/EX packs that have specific (meaning not random) cards, or are they always the same?
ktchong

Postby DWildstar » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:58 am

ktchong wrote:For players who have been playing Alteil for awhile:

Does Alteil ever introduce new Reinforcement/EX packs that have specific (meaning not random) cards, or are they always the same?

There have been different EX packs before (right now we're on EX 4) but so far the Reinforcement packs in the store are the first ones. Probably in the future after more sets come out there will be new Reinforcement packs.
DWildstar

PreviousNext

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom