Example Decks

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Re: Example Decks

Postby Spears » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:25 pm

Any in particular? seem to work for me.
Spears

Postby fargone » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm

Yeah, Crest link isn't working, a few others I checked were fine.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:35 pm

Okay so I was playing some LoL recently... I couldn't believe how many guides and stuff they had. Tons of guides and item builds and youtube videos galore. And the dudes who did it over there were uploading weekly youtube vids! So basically I got disappointed in myself and will try to upgrade this again.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Lithe » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:07 pm

Hats off to you sir, the guides have been quite helpful to me. Just started playing a few days ago and I really like the game. Its unfortunate that the community is so small.

Few questions if I may, as a beginner I'm looking for a cheap way to start grinding up - maybe an initial investment of 5-10 dollars or so. What would you say are some of the better cheap files to take into folrart? The ones that have caught my eye are undead, wizard kingdom, sea monsters, mermaids, and maaaybe something gowen if it really is just easier to start gowen from low investment.

It seems that for undead, mermaids, or pixies I'd just want to buy some of the faction packs initially. If I chose to attempt to build say sea monsters where would my money be best spent in trying to dig up the cards for it?

Also will the faction packs be rotating or leaving altogether any time soon? A lot of questions I know, thanks for any advice!
Lithe

Postby Xovian » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Lithe wrote:Hats off to you sir, the guides have been quite helpful to me. Just started playing a few days ago and I really like the game. Its unfortunate that the community is so small.

It is steadily growing, and as far as active users its not in the thousands, but you can see around 30-40 people in Folrart at any given time.

Few questions if I may, as a beginner I'm looking for a cheap way to start grinding up - maybe an initial investment of 5-10 dollars or so. What would you say are some of the better cheap files to take into folrart? The ones that have caught my eye are undead, wizard kingdom, sea monsters, mermaids, and maaaybe something gowen if it really is just easier to start gowen from low investment.

Undead, WK, and Mermaids can all be fairly competitive. Some are easier then others, undead for example can be very easy to use though they have their share of weaknesses just like any file (namely maxHP hate). I do not recommend Sea Monsters as an initial file because you have to be a fairly accustomed player to play them well, it is not a file that beginners can pick up and use easily because of the slow nature of the file (low agi).

It seems that for undead, mermaids, or pixies I'd just want to buy some of the faction packs initially. If I chose to attempt to build say sea monsters where would my money be best spent in trying to dig up the cards for it?

Also will the faction packs be rotating or leaving altogether any time soon? A lot of questions I know, thanks for any advice!

You'd likely have to buy packs from several sets, and it would probably cost you more then you said you're willing to spend. Sea monsters are spread out among several sets, thus it's a bit more time consuming/monetary spending to get the cards for that file type. Monetary wise for making a competitive file(s) for cheap, the faction packs are going to be a best bet for a new player.

At some point the faction packs will be phased out, this is actually the second time for them to be available, so if they disappear, they or something like them will replace them for a time at some point or another.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby Lithe » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks for the advice! So I've been doing some more research and I'm now leaning towards either a pixy or a mermaid file to start grinding with. Anyone have reasons I might prefer one over the other? Are they around equal power levels or is one performing better in the current meta?
Lithe

Postby kirk21 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:08 pm

Lithe wrote:Thanks for the advice! So I've been doing some more research and I'm now leaning towards either a pixy or a mermaid file to start grinding with. Anyone have reasons I might prefer one over the other? Are they around equal power levels or is one performing better in the current meta?

Pixies are a lot easier to use than mermaids and are still pretty good in the meta. Mermaids can be good but it takes a lot of trail and error I've heard. For just starting out, go pixies.
Rubber Duckie, you're the one, You make bathtime lots of fun,Rubber Duckie, I'm awfully fond of you...
kirk21

Postby icyman » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:04 am

Know of a good addition file gon?
icyman

Awesome Guide!

Postby JinxedMojo » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:52 pm

Gon,

Every since I stumbled upon your guide, I've been using it as a bible of sorts! :)
I've been playing Gowen quite a bit, and my favorite deck is the monster deck.
Currently I am trying to build the other decks as its kinda fun.
By chance is the Pixie page posted elsewhere, because it returns with an error when you click the link.
I'm almost done that deck, but I couldn't remember else I needed. If you could just list them all that would be great.

Awesome guide!!
JinxedMojo

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:51 pm

Hmm that did disappear. Okay I have the thing saved on my computer so I'll re-upload it tonight. I also need to add more replays to the Gowen section. I added two videos for the row monsters and a vid of a deck destruction theme I used to play. I'd like to add warriors and martial artists next cause they're some of the lesser played tribes and they're both pretty cool.

Also thanks for the feedback it keeps me motivated and happy :)
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

PreviousNext

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom