Example Decks

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Re: Example Decks

Postby CainHyde » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:28 am

Gon while you're in the mood, I wanted to ask something.
Ideally while using mermaid file, how many Metia is needed?
Will 3 Metia enough or actually 2 is more than enough?
Also if I only have 1 Faytis, should I include her or putting Wrath is better generally?

And do you have any replay/idea to show how Mermaid able to resist against big files?
Especially Yellow big files that often use Mid level unit with annoying counter like Guardian or Veteran Folrart Paladin to hold the field?
I cannot figure out how to do that other than using certain SS like Metia/Bastandora/Assasin/RFA.
Thanks...

Btw warrior file sounds interesting.
Though I think I am gonna need Amazon to make that file. :(
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
User avatar
CainHyde
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:55 am

Re: Example Decks

Postby icyman » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:42 am

You can use aquamancer/the engage mermaid to deal with bigs.
I saw a mermaid file defeat gon's big blue that way.
icyman
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Example Decks

Postby Spears » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:50 am

CainHyde wrote:Gon while you're in the mood, I wanted to ask something.
Ideally while using mermaid file, how many Metia is needed?
Will 3 Metia enough or actually 2 is more than enough?
Also if I only have 1 Faytis, should I include her or putting Wrath is better generally?
:(

One faytis should be fine.
As for metia its been a while since i played mermaids but i would say this is dependant on wether or not you run emana, if you use emana then ideally your opponent will have burnt some grims on her and metia might be a little safer otherwise metia is gonna get a facefull of fire arrow every turn. Either way i found 3 is best but you might be able to get away with 2 if you can draw out their grims before you play her.
User avatar
Spears
 
Posts: 2338
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:45 pm
Location: Blighty

Re: Example Decks

Postby CainHyde » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:29 am

icyman wrote:You can use aquamancer/the engage mermaid to deal with bigs.
I saw a mermaid file defeat gon's big blue that way.

Well I did thinking of using her but Aquamancer ability is random.
Faytis, Mermaid Spear Fighter [Human], and Metia also lv 4, so I kinda wary to use her.
Engage ability is pretty good, though I am afraid it can't help me much against Star dragon or big unit with counter ability.

Spears wrote:One faytis should be fine.
As for metia its been a while since i played mermaids but i would say this is dependant on wether or not you run emana, if you use emana then ideally your opponent will have burnt some grims on her and metia might be a little safer otherwise metia is gonna get a facefull of fire arrow every turn. Either way i found 3 is best but you might be able to get away with 2 if you can draw out their grims before you play her.

Ah thanks.
Yeah, I don't have any good grim and SS bait right now.
I guess 3 Metia is the best at the moment.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
User avatar
CainHyde
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:55 am

Re: Example Decks

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Dang, I've been delayed fixing the pixie page due to an unfortunate computer crash.

And yeah also keep in mind these are mainly just general starting points. Like if you have a limited card supply, instead of thinking, "Darnit I only have 2 Metia and no Spear Fighters I can't play merms" you could just use those file slots for other things and make it some form of mermaid modded starter like I put for the replay. And like for Pixies... I think in the guide I made I only put in 1 archer and 1 mage pixy... But really you could go with 2-3 of each of those too if you want. If just all depends on your SS and rest of file. There are many successful variants of every tribe so don't be afraid to experiment.

edit: pixies fixed
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9322
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Example Decks

Postby Andralexis » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:40 am

Thanks a lot for this thread and for fixing the Pixie File pic, I am already using it as the basis for my first File.
Danke!
Andralexis
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:38 am

Re: Example Decks

Postby caeser » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:12 pm

It appears the Duchy of Crest link isn't working. Anyone else having this problem?
Image
User avatar
caeser
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:54 am
Location: Roma

Re: Example Decks

Postby DismantleMe » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:54 pm

How would I go about making a duchy of crest?
I'll Bite you to Death.
User avatar
DismantleMe
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:37 am

Re: Example Decks

Postby ChiYoung » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:48 am

Your big refess image link is broken =(
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:37 am

Re: Example Decks

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:03 am

Fixed.
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9322
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

PreviousNext

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest