Which Deck...

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Re: Which Deck...

Postby MrVengeance » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:06 pm

I'd build a deck containing elements from all four spheres. Overspecialization can leave you vulnerable to combatants with more well-rounded strategies. ;a19
MrVengeance

Postby Awod » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:53 pm

MrVengeance wrote:I'd build a deck containing elements from all four spheres. Overspecialization can leave you vulnerable to combatants with more well-rounded strategies. ;a19

You'll have a hard time implementing that I'm afraid. In order to play a card you need to raise your sphere of influence to that power, which by itself isn't so bad since it will stay at the level you put it. The hard part is to actually SET the card you need the same amount of SP.

Doing that in all spheres is, at this point I'll just say impossible. Or at the very least not a good strategy, remember the amount of cards in your deck is limited too and you will be using almost all of them so you can't just battle someone and say "Lawtia, I can use my Falkow and Gowen to overwhelm him" if you have all 4 in your deck you'll run out of those types of cards FAST and when you're forced to play a level 1 or 2 Gowen/Lawtia thats left in your deck they will be summoning a level 4 - 6..

Having 2 is a good idea and will undoubtedly get better as time goes on, but 4.. probably will never be a good idea..
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby Allied » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:59 pm

Awod wrote:
MrVengeance wrote:I'd build a deck containing elements from all four spheres. Overspecialization can leave you vulnerable to combatants with more well-rounded strategies. ;a19

You'll have a hard time implementing that I'm afraid. In order to play a card you need to raise your sphere of influence to that power, which by itself isn't so bad since it will stay at the level you put it. The hard part is to actually SET the card you need the same amount of SP.

Doing that in all spheres is, at this point I'll just say impossible. Or at the very least not a good strategy, remember the amount of cards in your deck is limited too and you will be using almost all of them so you can't just battle someone and say "Lawtia, I can use my Falkow and Gowen to overwhelm him" if you have all 4 in your deck you'll run out of those types of cards FAST and when you're forced to play a level 1 or 2 Gowen/Lawtia thats left in your deck they will be summoning a level 4 - 6..

Having 2 is a good idea and will undoubtedly get better as time goes on, but 4.. probably will never be a good idea..

Hes right, Mid to late game you will still be dropping lvl 2s and 1s maybe a 3m Your oppent will be dropping 4-6s
Allied

Postby reydien » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:52 pm

I would not be so quick to dismiss a 3- or 4-colored deck. I don't think it will work as a "bag full of tricks" type deck, but a slower, more methodical deck should be able to handle 3 or even 4 factions. Keep in mind, 3-faction doesn't necessarily mean equal distribution: you can have one or two factions as your focus, with the other faction(s) added in as splashes.

As for lvl 1-2 drops vs their 4-6 drops, from my limited experience (only 2 games so far, so very limited) the big drops only really see play after you start taking LP hits and are getting SP back from closed units. At the same time, there are some pretty good level 3 units in pretty much all of the factions, units which can stand up to the higher level stuff fairly well.

I don't expect they'll be fast decks, but speed isn't everything. I'm still trying to get a sense of how powerful an aggressive deck can be, the whole "revive" thing really throws a wrench in the deal, and getting your SP back from closed units helps swing the tempo back in your favor.
"Select the pistol, and then, select your horse."
reydien

Postby Pherguzon » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:09 pm

I was at AX and i messed around with all of the different deck and i really liked the Falkrow deck ;a38 but i kept getting my **** kick by the Refess ;a41 deck but im really not sure witch one im gonna pick yet..So i guess i just wait for everyting to come together so that i can actually play.
Pherguzon

Previous

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom