More details on Treasure Battles?

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

More details on Treasure Battles?

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:23 pm

So treasure battles are something I've only recently learned about and they sound very interesting, to quote Logress:

"Treasure battles are simple. Every now and then, you will get a "Treasure battle" A random card is revealed at the beginning of a duel bestowed by the computer, and the winner takes it."

So whenever we duel theres a random chance that a free card will be given to the winner, very cool. Still this leaves me with some questions. Are there designated areas and times where treasure battles can occur or can they occur anywhere, at any time, in any type of battle? Also would it be possible to find out a rough estimate as to how often we should expect to find ourselves in treasure battles? For example, is this one of those things active players should expect at least once a day (and by active I mean with games taking on average 15 minutes that they play for 3 hours a day or approximately 12 games a day) or is this one of those rare occurrences that you may have happen to you only a handful of times over the course of your time playing the game (maybe never if your not very active and rather unlucky)?

Also are the rewards special cards or just cards from sets? Are they always of certain rarity or could they be any rarity, and if they are of a certain rarity are they a high rarity or a low rarity?

Thank you in advance for any information you can shed on treasure battles!
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: More details on Treasure Battles?

Postby Raeith » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:31 pm

Hmm just a query on how random the treasure battles will be. Are they completely purely "enter duel, *do shifty dark rituals for the RNG* (Random Number Generator), roll die"? Or is there a incrementing % based off how long it's been since your last treasure battle? (I'm guessing its the pure random since the duel involves 2 people which will most likely have a different number of duels since their last treasure battle and so trying to work it with a incremental gets somewhat messy.)

Play more and get more I guess! (Ignoring events of crazy random hate of course)
Protect our forests!
Don't kick, punch, bite or hurt the trees!
Raeith

Re: More details on Treasure Battles?

Postby Logress » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:25 pm

If I remember correctly it's pure randomness, but there are some things you can do to increase you chances. For example, the Japanese offer Avatar items that increase the chance a bit for a limited number of battles, and I think they also give bonuses to the chance on certain holidays and maybe also certain times of day (like, crap! Everyone in the world is on our servers between 8-10 PM and no-one in the mornings... maybe we better give them some incentive before our service provider kills us). I'm not sure which ones we'll use, but the Japanese have assured us that the Avatar items are balanced.

--Sean
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom