Alpha/Beta Testing

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Alpha/Beta Testing

Postby Grain » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:33 pm

How did all of the Alpha testers register?

Will there be a second registrating for the Beta for those that are not Alpha testers?

Will there be registration at all?

-Grain
Grain

Re: Alpha/Beta Testing

Postby Legenda » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:23 am

I hope the Alpha Testers get at least something for their trouble..
Or whatever they decide to go with as long as it gets released, I don't care
Legenda

Postby erestor » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:05 am

Grain wrote:How did all of the Alpha testers register?

Will there be a second registrating for the Beta for those that are not Alpha testers?

Will there be registration at all?

-Grain

the alpha testers registered just like regular site registration
but the team chose the first however many people that signed up and some of the people that signed up at a-kon

well the alpha's are in and i believe it was posted on the old site that those that register before the beta get in
pm one of the team and they will be able to answer
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby Kyoshi » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:41 am

Also I thought this was correct but those who got an email asking us if we would like to be a alpha tester were also guarenteed beta testers. But that could be wrong. Otherwise I thought it went by when you registered too.
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby Exanthem » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:20 am

There were a total of 500 alpha invites. 250 consisted of people who went to A-kon, some people who were already registered on the site, and "special invites." After that, the first 250 people who e-mailed and requested an invite received them. They went pretty quick.
Exanthem

Postby lupos » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:26 am

Kyoshi wrote:Also I thought this was correct but those who got an email asking us if we would like to be a alpha tester were also guarenteed beta testers. But that could be wrong. Otherwise I thought it went by when you registered too.

Correct! If you alpha tested your automatically in for the beta. If you want in on the Beta all you really need to do is be signed up on the site. The Beta will be much larger and much less restricted. Though there is a cap on the total number of sign ups it will be much higher.

More details here: http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php?f=11&t=87&rb_v=viewtopic
lupos
Site Admin

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom