Character backlash on soul cards?

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Character backlash on soul cards?

Postby DanTheTimid » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:44 am

I'm just curious, how does character backlash work when character cards are used in your soul cards. Does it activate at all? Does it come into play immediately or only when the soul skill of your character card is activated?

Example situation 1: Both me and my opponent have the same character, lets say Witch Queen / Catherine, in our soul cards. Do they negate each other immediatly or does character backlash only kick in after we've both initiated their soul skills. And if so, what happens to the player whose Witch Queen / Catherine goes off second, is its soul skill just negated?

Example situation 2: I have a character card, lets say Witch Queen / Catherine, in my soul cards. My opponent has one in his card file. Can he play his or does the one in my soul cards prevent it? What about after its been activated as a soul skill? If he can play his, does my soul skill get negated if his is still in play when its activated?
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: Character backlash on soul cards?

Postby DWildstar » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:56 am

Character Backlash is only related to cards on the direct field of play. Whether or not a character is one of your soul cards (or both of your soul cards) has no bearing on whether or not that character card can be put onto your playing area.
DWildstar

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom