Advanced but still simple statistics breakdown

Advanced Rules Discussion

Advanced but still simple statistics breakdown

Postby Logress » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:29 pm

Hey, everyone. I was thinking of doing a little statistic breakdown for this weeks strategy article. I was wondering if anyone here thought I was particularly off the mark or if I forgot something important.

Positive: if this unit isn't going to be attacking,
having anything other than low AT is a waste. Also
AT is fairly inexpensive to increase so it's not a
huge disadvantage.

Avg AT
15-25
Negative: inablity to put enemy units down is almost
as bad as low AT, since there is a huge difference in
wounding and closing an enemy.
Positive: AT is fairly inexpensive to increase.

High AT
30-40
Negative: none
Positive: Ability to consistantly put enemies in the cemetery.

Very High AT
50+
Negative: Not very effecient. Whenever you hit anything other than a tanker, you're effectively wasting most of your potential.
Positive: Ability to consistantly put enemies in the cemetery, even if they are tanks.

Avg DF
5-15
Negative: It's not as easy to get as other "average" values, and it's rather easy to debuff.
Positive: Greatly increases survivability on average, most non-Refess opponents will hesitate to debuff you in case you have bigger DF later.

High DF
20+
Negative: It's no harder to debuff than 5 DF, and will attract a debuff almost immediatly.
Positive: Can make you nearly invulnerable.

Positive: Makes it easy to sacrafice for a Soul Skill or as a human shield to decrease the effecency of your enemies' high AT units.

Below Average HP
15-25
Negative: Most ranged units can close this unit with little effort.
Positive: Immunity to Salmanders and their level of incidental damage highly increases survivability on average compared to Low HP units.

Average HP
Negative: Most Soul Skills and Grimoires can close this unit with little effort, as can almost all front line fighters.
Positive: Good survivability against low and incidental damage, greatly helped by DF on average.

Above average HP
35-45
Negative: Heavy hitters can close these units with high efficiency, still not high enough to protect against Grimoires or single target soul skills.
Positive: Avoiding 30 damage soul skills greatly increases survivability of ranged units or early game front line units.

High HP
50-60
Negative: Doesn't protect against real heavy hitters, still able to be closed by single target soul skills and Grimoires. High AT is much cheaper than High HP.
Positive: Very high survivability against average attackers. Benificial to Living Dead and Undying "regenerators".

Very High HP
70+
Negative: Lower Survivability than Average HP with Average DF. High AT is much cheaper than High HP.
Positive: Extremely benificial to Living Dead and Undying "regenerators". High survivability against almost all units, except when outnumbered.

Positive: Alows use of "standby" after damage is taken, gaunrentees healing if hit. Generally units with this AGI are significantly more powerful than average otherwise.

Average AGI
Negative: None.
Positive: None.

High AGI
Negative: Generally, units with 4 AGI are significantly weaker than average. When up against AGI 5 units, their advantage is elimiated completely.
Positive: Heavily increases chance of acting, and increases chance of defeating enemy units before they act, if possible.

Very high AGI
Negative: Generally, units with 5 AGI are significantly weaker than average. When up against AGI manipulation, their advantage is eliminated completely.
Positive: Heavily increases chance of acting, and increases chance of defeating enemy units before they act, if possible. AGI 5 can also completely eliminate the advantage of an enemy's AGI 4 unit.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Advanced but still simple statistics breakdown

Postby Phades » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:00 pm

Blending them together might be more accurate. For example, if you have the high->veryhigh AT range and high->veryhigh AGL, then the AT isn't wasted since you are most likely 1 shotting everything you attack and that allows your midrange units in both AT and AGL to combine their effort more effectively through a reduced target selection negating (at least partially) the random number generator. Even with Low HP speed with power kills, assuming you are out of the salamander/spore bait range of 1~10hp.

The same is true when considering any combintion of Low HP with any other attribute, or any other high attributes combined with low agility. Simply stated, if you can't act with the unit there is no point in having it there unless there are special circumstances like regeneration or unique close abilities.

Also, unless a steady flow of healing is available and a wide target selection in addition to the complete abscense of pinpoint style abilities, wide spread low end defense is generally a waste since it doesn't create immunity and the units will still be beaten by the very common medium->high damage assailants through either base values, grimoire, or SS options.

Using a blending method creates a better "overall picture" when giving estimation towards application and unit use versus cost and how it all fits together over time. For example, if you were to combine low speed with high HP, low to medium defense and a healing trait/regeneration you have an effective unit if priced aggressively. While even base unit values in the weenie range can be deadly when considering ATK boosts and range, like in the instance of sylph with vordor.
Phades

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:49 pm

I disagree with the 4 agi units part and the 3 agi units part.
Check gowen (for example) to see why i disagree about the 4 agi unit negative statement.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Logress » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:22 pm

I said "generally" dammit! Okay, I'll drop the "significantly" too.
Logress

Postby Candi » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:53 pm

Generally speaking, you seem to have things together accurately.

EDIT: :dalos:
Candi

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:28 pm

I just thought i got a good reason to disagree since even if the units are generally weak, they come in swarms and aren't always easy taken apart, but i should just drop it because i look to much into detail and this was ment to put it all simple and easy to view. :/
;zagar
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Romdeau » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:40 am

Is it just me, or is it a little unnecessarily breezey around these forums?
;zagar
Romdeau

Postby MeleeNewb » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:33 pm

For high and very high hp units, it might be good to mention as a positive that it is easier to add def to a unit than hp.
I used to wonder if I was crazy, but all that uncertainty drove me insane.
MeleeNewb

Postby Logress » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:54 pm

Good point.
Logress

Return to Vordore's War Room