Max HP Hate and Counter Skills

Advanced Rules Discussion

Re: Max HP Hate and Counter Skills

Postby Spears » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:48 pm

I actually got bored before i finished my post as i was just repeating the fact that there are more requirements to counters than simply taking damage.
As for the guardian excerpt, i like you earlier in the thread was using that as an example.
Do you really need an official response to this, pretty clearly never going to happen.
Spears

Postby Shrimpyrice » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:23 pm

I get that, except that I used guardian as an example, whereas you used it in a way that was actually critical to your argument. That's the only reason I brought it up again. And yes, it would be nice to hear something on this, regardless of how you unlikely this change seems to you.
Shrimpyrice

Postby Spears » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:50 pm

Well good luck with that.

I used guardian to highlight the relationship between maxhp and counterskills, playing through the guardian era showed how important it was that they could be bypassed, the tradeoff being that the ways around it would drain resources in some way much like the cannot be attacked status. To see just how big of an issue it was head over to http://alteil.gamepotusa.com/index.php/ ... card-files
You said yourself that if a counterskill unit is too strong you should nerf the unit, how is this not equally aplicable in reverse, if the counterskill units are too weak then buff the unit rather than changing the games mechanics.

Edit: i actually typoed in my earlier post and meant to say should not check at each stage.
Spears

Postby Shrimpyrice » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:33 pm

I'd like to note that none of those guardian counters rely on Max HP hate as a counter, with the exception of Warning Knife, which was already discussed. I suppose we could buff all the units with counter, but why not just fix what I've argued to be a flawed game mechanic? I'm not seeing how this would significantly impact gameplay other than allow a unit who is hit with an attack that lowers Max HP to counter. It is highly unlikely that this change will make those cards overpowered, and the resistance to the proposed change seems to stem from the fact that this is a game mechanic and not from some misgivings about what the change might affect. I'm not even asking for this to happen for grimoires, which was the primary solution to guardian and star dragon in the first place. If they tell me it's too much to code or program or whatever, then okay. But as it stands, I'm not seeing a solid reason not to change this.
Shrimpyrice

Postby Icyglare » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:04 pm

Shrimpyrice wrote:I'm not seeing a solid reason not to change this.

I'm sure most of us don't see a solid reason to change this, we don't see it as a flawed game mechanic.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Spears » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:40 pm

I think logress' sig sums it up
"Rock is op, Paper is fine." - Scissors.
Spears

Postby Shrimpyrice » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:25 am

I've always disliked that quote since it's often used as a way to disregard balance issues, but that's beside the point. I suppose we can lock this thread since it's run its course.
Shrimpyrice

Previous

Return to Vordore's War Room