"Attack" immune units and range

Advanced Rules Discussion

"Attack" immune units and range

Postby slashzero » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:44 am

When figuring out what unit takes damage from an Attack, does the game just consider an unattackable unit as non-existent? (i.e. if only that unit is in row one and there is a unit in a back row, does a range 1 attack do nothing or hit the second unit?)

I'm hoping it's the former, there's a lot of strategies that could be built around that. Even if it turns out otherwise, there's still the possibility to exploit other range-dependent skills.
slashzero

Re: "Attack" immune units and range

Postby Gota » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:17 am

Not exactly sure of what you are asking, since your sentence wasn't very clear. But some examples are below, hope it helps.

If your opponent have a monster in row 1 and a monster in row 3, and you have a monster in row 1 that only has a RNG of 1, your monster is only able to hit the opponent's monster in row 1.

If your opponent have a monster in row 2 and a monster in row 3, and you have a monster in row 1 that only has a RNG of 1, your monster is only able to hit the opponent's monster in row 2.

If your opponent have a monster in row 2 and a monster in row 3, and you have a monster in row 2 that only has a RNG of 1, your monster is only able to hit the opponent's monster in row 2.

If your opponent have a CLOSED monster in row 1 and a monster in row 3, and you have a monster in row 1 that only has a RNG of 1, your monster is able to hit the opponent's monster in row 3.

If your opponent have a monster in row 1 and a monster in row 3, and you have a monster in row 1 that only has a RNG of 2, your monster has a chance to hit the opponent's monster in row 1 or row 3. (decided by the computer randomly)

Basically, RNG is the number of 'occupied' rows your monster can hit, with a RNG of 1, the monster can only hit the first row of monsters right in front of it, if it is a row of your own monsters, then it's attack will be void.

Keyword is occupied, empty rows with closed or no monsters will not count towards RNG.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:38 am

Gota wrote:Not exactly sure of what you are asking, since your sentence wasn't very clear. But some examples are below, hope it helps

I think he was talking about the new falkow EX card : http://alteil.com/forum/index.php?f=12& ... =viewtopic
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby DWildstar » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:37 am

slashzero wrote:When figuring out what unit takes damage from an Attack, does the game just consider an unattackable unit as non-existent? (i.e. if only that unit is in row one and there is a unit in a back row, does a range 1 attack do nothing or hit the second unit?)

I'm hoping it's the former, there's a lot of strategies that could be built around that. Even if it turns out otherwise, there's still the possibility to exploit other range-dependent skills.

The card says "attack action" which means an action skill which will deal damage e.g. Brave Soldier's "slash"
DWildstar

Postby Musca » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:57 am

I've used him before and discovered that it's basically the same as having a unit in the front row with infinite defense...unless your opponents use an ability, which are very common. Still, it's useful for going against a deck that rely mainly on raw attack. Keep in mind that the units behind him can still be hurt by opponent's cards with enough range.
Musca

Postby Logress » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:20 am

The short answer is if you have Ibert in your front row, and a bunch of units behind him, but no other units in the front row, then your enemy attacks with a RNG 1 unit in his front row, his attack fails automatically. Basically, Ibert can't be a target but he still occupies the row, so everything behind him is out of range.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Return to Vordore's War Room