MysteryMan wrote:... Alex:
- Work on the achievement engine
- Get Underdog online
- Get achievement engine UI online
I can't press this issue hard enough. It was needed like yesterday.
If you ever hold a survey under your current users (highly recommended btw) you'll quickly discover there's a lack of motivation to actively play multiple games. The game is fun, but you're quickly done with it again once you run into a bad matchup. You need to put out more goals. More incentive.
Just some ideas:
- Weekly rewarding 'x'-played games. Condition: Games where you press Give Up don't count.
Play 10 games = 5point cards. 20 games = 10point cards. Etc. (**** weekly Gran; nobody can keep track of it. I can't even tell you what i gained this week. There's absolutely nothing holding me back from not caring and quit playing for that day.)
- Rewarding "Playingstreaks". Condition: 9 Turns minimum. Repeatable.
5 continious games (within 20min from eachother)= 1point card.
- "Underdog". Condition: 9 Turns minimum. 1 Week cooldown.
Win 10 games= 10point cards.
(Hidden incentives: They pop-up like the lvl-up screen after a condition is met. Reward can be anything like Exp/Gran/FM/PtCards/Avatar item.)
- "Fast Learner". Condition: Between lvl25~50. Gain 10 levels in 1 day.
- "On a Roll". Condition: Gain your first winstreak. One time achievement.
- "High Roller". Condition: Gain your first Blue Star. One time achievement.
- "You got Skillz". Condition: Gain Silver Star. One time achievement.
- "Breaking the Game". Condition: Golden Star. One time achievement.
- "The bigger they are". Condition: Beat someone 50 levels higher then you.
- "Tough nut". Condition: Beat someone 150RP higher then you.
- Etc. I can make a gazillion of these, lol.
It's stuff like this that'll keep things interesting. It makes you feel like you achieved something with your time.
- Finish up chat
Already pointed out how much this'll help feeling closer connected to a game. Let alone the interaction is good for newbies to ask questions.
- Work on errata
Changing up the meta and opening more 'folrart viable' options is always good to stir things up. I got a feeling you'll achieve none of those goals though. No offense Rom, it's just history repeating itself.
- Get advertisement portal online
- Work with mark to get advertisement portal online
Advertising! Just make sure you launch it at the apropiate time. Don't wield in new players when everything is still broken and cut-throat. Projects improving player experience like AuctionHouse and achievements should be prioritized first. (even though i know you want more revenue quickly...)
- Create art assets when needed
What happened to my 'landscape-changing' background idea here? Where Alteil background changes with the time of day. I thought GGG was interested in it... And current Color scheme could be better. Loading screens could have some anime related artwork. The only thing that's dressing up your game with art are banners of events. There's a difference between functional looking (without distractions and to the point)and straight out depressing. I'm telling you as a graphic designer/illustrator this game doesn't look very fun. This Merideth better skip some more nights of sleep.