Random Skills

Advanced Rules Discussion

Re: Random Skills

Postby Phenoca » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:35 am

Soiyeruda5 wrote:Trait:

;a41 Block: Whenever one of your units would take damage, this unit will take the damage instead.

Only to protect the unit directly behind it.

Soiyeruda5 wrote:Action:

;a39 Switch: Select a friendly unit. Select an enemy unit. Both players will switch the selected cards.

I like the idea of stealing your enemy's cards. The first time that I heard about cemetary-manipulation, I thought about stealing the enemy Iczer's cards... Though I am not sure if the engine supports that :(

Soiyeruda5 wrote:Counter:

;a40 Anger: Whenever this unit is attacked, it gets [AT + HP lost].

Excellent!

Soiyeruda5 wrote:Trait:

;a38 Your cards cost 1 SP less to play.

I am not certain on this one. It makes more sense just to have an Action Skill: Gain SP.

Korokage wrote:[Auto Skill] (2 SP) Do [dmg: Target unit's Atk] to all units.

Just any target? To friendly units also?
Sounds like a level 5 Action Skill. It would have to be 3 AGI or lower.

Korokage wrote:
Phenoca wrote:
Korokage wrote:[Auto Skill] (1 SP) Until this unit attacks or uses an action skill that does [damage Atk] this unit gets [Atk x2].

Perhaps remove the part about "until it does [damage Atk]"? Do you mean if it hits an enemy with 0 DF?

I mean if it uses a skill like Pinpoint that specifies that it uses only the unit's atk for damage calculation as opposed to something like [Gowen level x5] or [Atk-Def]. For the sake of metaphore let's say a unit with this ability also had, idk, Pinpoint or Penetrate (hell maybe even shield breaker). The auto skill in question goes off eating up 1 SP and the unit gets [Atk x2]. Now let's say that the unit uses Pinpoint/Penetrate/whatever and hits a unit with its uber atk. After damage is calculated its atk is reduced to normal.

Why not simplify this to [Auto Skill] (1 SP) This unit gets [Atk x2].
[Trait] After attacking, this unit gets ATK = [original value].

DWildstar wrote:
Kruvy wrote:Like I already stated there is a thread for skill suggestions in vodore's war room.

Also, you made that aforementioned thread.

Combine threads?

Ah yes, thanks for the heads up. And yes, both threads were started by Phenoca :P Threads merged.

Thanks.
Phenoca

Postby Korokage » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:04 pm

Phenoca wrote:Why not simplify this to [Auto Skill] (1 SP) This unit gets [Atk x2].
[Trait] After attacking, this unit gets ATK = [original value].

That...makes more sense than what I had in my head...yeah.

Moving on:

[Trait] When this unit attacks it gains [HP + damage dealt].

[Trait] This unit is unaffected by Auto Skills and Start Skills.

[Action Skill] Engage this unit. Then engage a random enemy unit of the opposite gender.

[Auto Skill] This unit gets [Def + Rng x5] for this turn.

[Open Skill] (3 SP) Send one friendly unit to the Cemetary. Then subtract 1 from your opponent's LP.

[Close Skill] Both Iczers get LP -1. Both Iczers get [SP + this unit's level]. ((<--Easily a Lawtia unit.))

[Start Skill] [Conditional use: At least two friendly female units on field] This unit gets [AT + [this unit's level x10]]. No friendly female units can be targeted by attacks or Action Skills. ((<-- Male character who happens to be a chivalrous perv. XD))

[Counter Skill] Send 1 random Grimore from your opponent's card file to the Cemetary.

[Close Skill] All units get [HP = 0]. Both Iczers get SP +2.

[Start Skill] [Conditional use: Battle time day & Gowen level 7 or higher] This unit gets [AT + 10], [Rng = 3] and [Agi + 1] for this turn. ((<-- Not rank up. Attempt at a nature entity/dragon lycan. Obviously this unit would be level 5 or 6 with slightly not awesome stats until this kicks in.))

[Action Skill] [Conditional Use: Start Skill used] Do Dmg [At] to all enemy units in range. ((<-- Goes with the skill above.))

[Action Skill] [Conditional use: Gowen level 8 or higher] Do dmg [Gowen level x15] to an enemy unit in range. ((<-- See above comment on the above skill.))
Korokage

Postby Phenoca » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:29 am

[Start Skill] All friendly units gain 5 HP.

Sphynx's Action Skill cost is lowered from 3 SP to 2 SP.

korkage][Trait] This unit is unaffected by Auto Skills and Start Skills.[/quote]
Perhaps, "cannot be targetted" when using an Auto Skill or Start Skill? I am not sure if I want to start seeing "immunity" in-game.

[quote="korokage wrote:
[Action Skill] Engage this unit. Then engage a random enemy unit of the opposite gender.

I disagree because I can seldom tell which gender a card is.

korokage wrote:[Auto Skill] This unit gets [Def + Rng x5] for this turn.

Very cool! And it should have some Action Skill like Dual-Wielding Soldier's, except to hit two random enemies within range. I like this skill, because you can buff RNG : )
I think it should be a start skill or an AGI 4 unit.

korokage wrote:[Open Skill] (3 SP) Send one friendly unit to the Cemetary. Then subtract 1 from your opponent's LP.

Too strong. Mizalio's LP-attack sends four friendly units to the cemetary. I used to think it was cards from your hand, but apparently it is from the field. That nerf was too strong : (
I'd rather see that skill send two friendlies to the cemetary, and the card be a character.
Also note: In the endgame, it is useful to have cards sent to the cemetary, because if you are out of revives, you can't have it dying... So this skill would be used just as much as the EX: Vordore SS and late-game assassins.

korokage wrote:[Close Skill] Both Iczers get LP -1. Both Iczers get [SP + this unit's level]. ((<--Easily a Lawtia unit.))

Too easy to repeat three times, if you have three copies.
The original Mizalio was like this, minus the SP-changes, and it was a soul skill, and it got nerfed.
Or I have bad memory.

korokage wrote:[Counter Skill] Send 1 random Grimore from your opponent's card file to the Cemetary.

Ooh, very cheap. I'd prefer seeing this as a close skill... Costing 1 SP.
This has to cost 1 SP either way. It's just so spammable vs. Big Gowen.

korokage wrote:[Close Skill] All units get [HP = 0]. Both Iczers get SP +2.

No - if I wanted easy field-nukes, I'd play Alteil Japan. I extremely dislike a skill like that because it takes-away from the challenge of setting-up the field.

I like the idea of a unit gaining range during dawn/noon/night, and losing it afterwards. Problem would be implementing it without worrying about Cassowary and Invisible Edge.
Phenoca

Postby Xovian » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:07 pm

Didnt see it listed, so i'll add one:

[closeskill] Add +9 to * sphere until the end of next turn (each sphere has a creature that can do this, and it only adds to their sphere)

The idea of it is, it can counter fierete(sp?) for one turn, or set up for grim/units with a higher cost, but the sphere does not keep its level.
After the turn it goes back, and since it is set to 9 for that turn, you cant add to the sphere. So following turns it goes back down to where it was, and spheres can be added again.
Xovian

Postby Phenoca » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:52 pm

I like this one, except that the raise should be somewhere from 2 to 7.
Phenoca

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:01 pm

Because we really need to make Zu, Allind, and Legyre easier to play, right?

A +9 SP skill, even if its temporary, is a bit ridiculous...
luckysvn777

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:12 pm

True lucky7.

But how about this skill:
GraveyardSkill (0 SP): (activates only when this unit is in graveyard, before the startskill) For this round select one unit, that unit gets +10 HP then it gets for this round only +10 AT.

Of this one:
Actionskill (? SP): Do damage = AT + number of cards removed from the game x10 to two random enemy units within range.
Peralisc2

Postby Jonathan » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:35 pm

How powerful would a skill like this be:

[Open Skill] Backlash rival Iczer's set card.

Not sure if it would be too powerful for a unit or character, so maybe for a grimoire.
Jonathan

Postby luckysvn777 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:04 pm

If it backlashed grims only, sure.

If it backlashed everything, no. Just no.
luckysvn777

Postby Jonathan » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:59 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:If it backlashed grims only, sure.

If it backlashed everything, no. Just no.

Just too strong of an effect huh? Also, I just thought of this "instant play" kind of effect:

[Open Skill] Put this unit onto the field.

Could be strong, but I think it could be balanced by the stats and level of the unit.
Jonathan

PreviousNext

Return to Vordore's War Room