Re: Random Skills

Postby Silverrock » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:15 pm

A unit for every sphere:

[Close Skill] Get +1 in a sphere of your choice
Silverrock

Postby Visfarix » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:40 pm

Jonathan wrote:Cemetery resurrection idea (grimoire):

[Open Skill] Put a random unit card from your Cemetery onto the field.

*cough*Resurrection,zombify*cough*

Silverrock wrote:A unit for every sphere:

[Close Skill] Get +1 in a sphere of your choice

Too much user choice and not enough limitation, would be more interesting if it was +1 to a set sphere or random sphere(though why you would want it to be random is beyond me)

modification on earlier skill i posted:

[Openskill] Erase a random card and all copies of that card from rival iczer's card file.
[Closeskill] Return one of the cards erased by [card name] to rival iczer's card file.
or
[Closeskill] Return a random erased card to rival iczer's card file.

ahahaha remove something from the card file directly, and then slowly give them back what you took from them. hopefully by the time they get their stuff back it'll all be useless muahaha
Visfarix

Postby Jonathan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:37 pm

Just curious, if the Japanese version didn't do it yet, what would be a fair level for a Grimoire that did this?

[Open Skill] Subtract one from rival Iczer's LP.

Also, I thought about those soul effects that subtract 1 from your LP (like Gaia Gem Monk), so it could actually be possible to have a 1 LP card with that "subtract 1 from your LP" effect, which would basically make it a 0 LP card, right? How strong would the soul effect have to be to have the card be worth using but still be balanced? Maybe something like Mermaid Princess / Emana's soul effect, but without the SP cost?
Jonathan

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:47 pm

EDIT, I'm wrong xD

I could have sworn I saw a 1 LP SS though... hmmmm...

Hmmm, based on Night Wing and Dical, i'd say that kind of grim would have to be 5 or 6...
Last edited by luckysvn777 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luckysvn777

Postby Jonathan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:55 pm

Living Armor's listed as having 2 LP. So it seems like there hasn't been one with 1 LP yet.
Jonathan

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:58 pm

kk, I fixed that. I could have sworn I saw a one LP one though... *goes to check*

I just want two of those to come out though, so I can make a joke training deck that has Magic Doll Defective, a Point Card, and then those SS for all 5 of them. 2nd turn suicide!
luckysvn777

Postby Gota » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:33 pm

somerandom2 wrote:Start skills dont trigger when your closed (or do they now :S?) so the skill is kinda useless.

There are heaps but here is but a few though none are really new.

Trait : This units stats cannot be changed.
Close skill : Removes random grimoire from opponents deck to graveyard.
Action skill : Engage one disengaged chosen allied unit, engage one random opponent unit.
Auto skill : Choose one opponent unit, and then the chosen unit loses 10hp and you gain 10hp.

Anyone else saw how close he got to safira's skill? lol His post was from april.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Visfarix » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:32 am

Oh man it's been awhile since I've seen this thread. Reminds me of how much fun it was to make stuff up.
Jonathan wrote:Just curious, if the Japanese version didn't do it yet, what would be a fair level for a Grimoire that did this?

[Open Skill] Subtract one from rival Iczer's LP.

I'm thinking, like lucky, it has to be lvl 5 or 6. But lvl5 seems too cheap and lvl 6 seems too expensive, so maybe lvl 5 but make the open skill cost an additional 1sp? Or use a condition, like lvl5 grim and give the open skill [conditional use/lawtia lvl 6 or higher]
Jonathan wrote:Also, I thought about those soul effects that subtract 1 from your LP (like Gaia Gem Monk), so it could actually be possible to have a 1 LP card with that "subtract 1 from your LP" effect, which would basically make it a 0 LP card, right? How strong would the soul effect have to be to have the card be worth using but still be balanced? Maybe something like Mermaid Princess / Emana's soul effect, but without the SP cost?

Well if we use Assassin SS as an example, 1lp= send one of your units to the cemetary, then send one of your opponents disengaged units to the cemetary. Then a 0lp SS might just merciless death a disengaged unit.
Visfarix

Postby Jonathan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:11 pm

Ya, creating card designs is always fun. I used to spend lots of time thinking up different card ideas with others at the YMTC (You Make the Card) section of the Magic the Gathering forums. Also, I noticed that there aren't any level 9 grimoires yet (and if I searched the Japanese card list correctly, they haven't made any level 9 grimoires yet), so what would a level 9 grimoire for each sphere look like? My guesses are:

Invincible Force - Lvl 9 Refess
Grimoire
All friendly units get MAX HP+50, DF+50 and fully recovers their HP.

Mass Murder - Lvl 9 Lawtia
Grimoire
Subtract 999 directly from the HP of all units.

Meteor Storm - Lvl 9 Gowen
Grimoire
Do [damage: 100] to one random enemy unit. This effect is repeated a total of five times.

Tsunami - Lvl 9 Falkow
Grimoire
Return all units to their Card File.
Jonathan

Previous

Return to Vordore's War Room