Advice on a problem

Advanced Rules Discussion

Advice on a problem

Postby jasta85 » Sun May 17, 2009 12:39 pm

ok, i'm just asking for some opinions on a problem i have here. As everyone knows, it's very hard to get 3 of a kind of 4 or 5 stars so you're usually excited when you get a full set. however I have the problem of having a full set of two 4 star cards that by themselves subpar. They are

Gun Princess' Sword / Mizalio
http://login.alteil.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=442

Shield Coat/Fierte
http://login.alteil.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=327

As you can see they each have an ability that relates to this card
Gunner Girl/Yuni
http://login.alteil.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=232

Now Yuni is a 4 star from set 2, Fierte is a 4 star from set 3, and Mizalio is a 4 star from set 4. In order to use either fierte or Mizalio to their full potential you NEED to have Yuni. I have full sets of Mizalio (who is actually the only 4 star i have a three of from set 4) and Fierte but from all the set 2 boxes i bought i didn't get a single Yuni. So from here on my only 2 options seem to be

1. Buy another 6 or so boxes of set 2 (at around 100 dollars) in order to get just 1 card (i have 90% of the set 2 cards, and pretty much all the ones i want aside from renally and yuni so i would be just be recycling the vast majority of them).
2. Save up point cards (which takes forever as i've been saving them up since the start to just try and get 1 single 5 star card). Would take me at least a year to get enough point cards.
3. just give up and accept the fact that I have two 4 star cards that I will never be able to make full use of.

Is there another option in there that i'm forgetting? it's a little frustrating.
jasta85

Re: Advice on a problem

Postby apex » Sun May 17, 2009 2:06 pm

Point cards seems the way to go if you REALLY want to use all of them in a deck. It may take more time, but you are guaranteed the cards. Or you can buy some potions that gives FM multipliers to speed up the process.

But why not just use Fierte and Mizalio's SS in the mean time for some creative decks? I mean, it's not like they are useless as soul skills, and x3 Mizalio SS actually seems quite decent if you can figure out a way to abuse it.
apex

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun May 17, 2009 2:47 pm

I suggest you try get them at level up and with the gran hunt other cards. :?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Multi » Sun May 17, 2009 2:53 pm

On the Mizalio SS, since I don't see a "then" anywhere, does that mean even if you don't have the 4 units to send to the cemetary, you still do -1LP to rival iczer?
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun May 17, 2009 3:03 pm

Yes. You can play with an empty field or use defective.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Gota » Sun May 17, 2009 4:05 pm

Lotto, yuni comes out more often then some other 4 stars in lotto.

Only if you are lucky enough to hit a 4 star.

all just experiences me and several big lotto-spenders saw/seen, but of course, its lotto, what else can u expect but randomness?
Last edited by Gota on Sun May 17, 2009 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Logress » Sun May 17, 2009 4:19 pm

We have one big surprise we're working on that should come to fruition in a week or two (hint: It'll involve another arena) and after that we're going to do some server moving (another week or two), and then we'll have time to prepare for "The Upgrade" (installing the new Alteil2 engine into the back end) and finally, "Project X." Project X is the upgrade that will allow for many new ways to earn POINT CARDS on their own time, and since mostly the Upgrade is the Japanese guys' problem I'm hoping we'll have time to work on Project X simultaneously.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby jasta85 » Sun May 17, 2009 7:42 pm

Logress wrote:We have one big surprise we're working on that should come to fruition in a week or two (hint: It'll involve another arena) and after that we're going to do some server moving (another week or two), and then we'll have time to prepare for "The Upgrade" (installing the new Alteil2 engine into the back end) and finally, "Project X." Project X is the upgrade that will allow for many new ways to earn POINT CARDS on their own time, and since mostly the Upgrade is the Japanese guys' problem I'm hoping we'll have time to work on Project X simultaneously.

wow, earn point cards, sounds great, looking forward to that.
jasta85

Postby Grain » Sun May 17, 2009 8:42 pm

Logress wrote:We have one big surprise we're working on that should come to fruition in a week or two (hint: It'll involve another arena) and after that we're going to do some server moving (another week or two), and then we'll have time to prepare for "The Upgrade" (installing the new Alteil2 engine into the back end) and finally, "Project X." Project X is the upgrade that will allow for many new ways to earn POINT CARDS on their own time, and since mostly the Upgrade is the Japanese guys' problem I'm hoping we'll have time to work on Project X simultaneously.

Can we expect project X in at most a 2 year wait?
Grain

Postby Cotillion » Mon May 25, 2009 1:35 pm

Gota wrote:Lotto, yuni comes out more often then some other 4 stars in lotto.

How much do you seriously think someone is going to have to spend to get a 4star from lotto? especially a playset?

It would likely be far cheaper to just get set2 boxes if you wanted 3 Yuni than trying in lotto.

At least for me 4star in lotto would require at least as much money as buying a box.
"...in order to see the world and grasp it as paradoxical, we must break with our familiar acceptance of it..."
Cotillion

Next

Return to Vordore's War Room