Random targetting

Advanced Rules Discussion

Random targetting

Postby imortal12233 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:28 am

I was wondering if abilities such as slash or random row damage SS are more likely to hit rows with more units, or is the chance equal. More specifically, does it choose a random row, or does it choose a random unit and target its row?
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Re: Random targetting

Postby DWildstar » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:30 pm

Slash is usually a row that is in range. Random row SSs will target a random occupied row.
DWildstar

Postby Logress » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:38 pm

In my experience, a row with one unit in it seems just as likely to be targeted as a row with 3 units. However, now that I think about it I remember the wording of in Japanese of "target a random unit, it's row takes damage" so maybe I have something new to ask the Japanese about...
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Phades » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:07 pm

Logress wrote:"target a random unit, it's row takes damage"
That "feels" right when playing the game, since more occupied rows seem to be targeted more often, however every time i get comfortable with that feeling murphy pays me a visit and the solo unit at 30 or less health always seems to get swatted for whatever reason...

Also can't figure the "this unit is on the field longer, thus always acts first on equal inititiative" thing that seems to happen enough to ruin my day.
Phades

Postby Otonashi » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:47 pm

I always thought equal AGI units went in a random order?
Otonashi

Postby Phades » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:54 pm

That is how it is supposed to work, but i've seen that play out the way i've described from the initial opening moves rather regularly. Most commonly versus a shade opening, preventing a level 3 play 2nd turn. So both units at level 3, agl 3, but one arriving one turn late seems to always act last.
Phades

Postby Phenoca » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:57 pm

Logress wrote:In my experience, a row with one unit in it seems just as likely to be targeted as a row with 3 units. However, now that I think about it I remember the wording of in Japanese of "target a random unit, it's row takes damage" so maybe I have something new to ask the Japanese about...

But that decreases the point of having your canon-fodder in the 5,6,7 row!
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby NoFish » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:51 am

Sorry for the necro, but I'd like to know if Logress ever found a defnitive answer for this one.
NoFish

Return to Vordore's War Room