Belus backfire?

Advanced Rules Discussion

Belus backfire?

Postby Arakis » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:22 pm

I was playing a test match a bit ago. In it, I had both Belus and Enormous Frog on the field. Several times during the game, Belus had engaged the unit I wanted Froggy to go after (like a 0AT Proxy). So I summoned Sylph and made sure the frog's start skill went first. This part worked--I engaged a Healing Priest (only 20AT). But then Belus' skill went off...and nothing happened to the other two unengaged enemy units. I wasn't paying full attention at the time, but it looked like the game tried to re-engage the engaged Priest. Has anyone else seen this happen? If so, then lesson learned: Don't make the frog outhop Belus because you might waste a start skill.
Arakis

Re: Belus backfire?

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:26 pm

Yes yes, played lawtia mid + frog + aurora very long time ago ... someone fix that please ... why does belus engage something already engaged?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Phenoca » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:38 pm

Agreed. Though I have not experienced this difficulty.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Phades » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:58 pm

Similar code to fire tornado targeting, although the resolutions between them should have had more logic applied to them to prevent repeat effects.
Phades

Postby Verily » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:56 pm

I've had this occur so often when using Curse Spell when Belus is on the field. ;;
Verily

Postby ANIMEniac » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:03 pm

I think his effect just says engage random unit. It does not check to see if it already engaged, or else it would say engage disengaged enemy unit. Luck of the draw, you just ended up engaging the same unit.
ANIMEniac

Postby Logress » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:54 pm

Some engaging effects only hit disengaged units, like Screech, others (like Bash) can hit either disengaged or already engaged units. Generally in the second case, because of the disadvantage, it doesn't combo well with other engaging strategies and is aslo cheaper or easier to do, to make up for it.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Artist » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:23 pm

Yeah I was using Belus earlier and I noticed what it said:

Engage one random enemy unit of level 4 or below.

It doesn't say "Engage one random DISENGAGED enemy unit of level 4 or below," meaning that you may end up engaging an engaged unit.
Artist

Postby NoFish » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:37 am

Counterpoint: Scylla SS's doesn't say anything like that either, but that ability never seems to hit something already engaged. I don't think I'm alone in requesting clarification on the card for these two?
NoFish

Postby Romdeau » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:26 am

NoFish wrote:Counterpoint: Scylla SS's doesn't say anything like that either, but that ability never seems to hit something already engaged. I don't think I'm alone in requesting clarification on the card for these two?

So what card are you using that engages units constantly on open the same turn your Scylla soul triggers?
Romdeau

Next

Return to Vordore's War Room