Does Miracle Fruit make targets un-Instant Revivable?

Advanced Rules Discussion

Does Miracle Fruit make targets un-Instant Revivable?

Postby Shadow1798 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Because I'm playing it with that assumption, and I'm going to be pretty embarrassed if it doesn't.
Rapidly Flying Apprentice's Kill Count: 14 Izcers.
Shadow1798

Re: Does Miracle Fruit make targets un-Instant Revivable?

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:35 pm

Yes. Miracle Fruit is wonderful against the stupid instant revive. Play it on guardian and it pwns.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Otonashi » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:09 pm

It's kind of odd that units keep buffs while they're dead, but the buffs are lost as soon as the unit is revived. I wonder if that's intentional or not?
Otonashi

Postby Grain » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:14 pm

Otonashi wrote:It's kind of odd that units keep buffs while they're dead, but the buffs are lost as soon as the unit is revived. I wonder if that's intentional or not?

That's the way it's meant to be. If it were accidental, that would mean that every card such as Instant Revival was also an accident.
Grain

Postby Otonashi » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:25 pm

You'll have to explain that a little, I have no idea what you mean by calling cards themselves accidents.

And Instant Revival is the only card I can think of with a condition like that. The only other cards that doesn't revive anything and everything is Healing Priest and Aurora, and you can't change a cards sphere so they're a moot point.
Otonashi

Postby Romdeau » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:48 pm

Revival works like this-when a unit reaches 0 hp or less, it activates its close skills (if it has any), but if the skill doesn't recover it's hp above 0, then it flips over. It will remain like this unless it is revived with some kind of skill or soul card, otherwise you'll have to use a fresh card to revive it. Hence, it will keep it's level because that card that is turned over is still that card-it didn't magically become a different card.
Romdeau

Postby Otonashi » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:06 pm

By that logic, revival skills should revive units with all buffs intact because the same card is getting turned back over. It didn't "magically become a different card", as you put it, it's the same one being flipped back over.

I only said it was weird that dead units have buffs. It makes more sense to have buffs lost as soon as they're closed.
Otonashi

Postby Grain » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:13 pm

Think about it like this. The grimoire changes the body of the guardian. After it's died, it's still the same body, just lacking some life. When it's revived, that's like a complete replacement of the old guardian, starting at square one.
Grain

Postby Otonashi » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:20 pm

@_@ It's like people can't understand what I'm trying to say at all. Is this proper english everybody is looking at on my posts or am I speaking in some crazy moon language that only my eyes perceive as normal?

I don't need help understanding the way things are. I'm just asking why they are that way, when another way makes more sense.

And you didn't even explain what you meant about cards being accidents. =/
Otonashi

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:34 pm

Closed cards have debuffs and buffs, while after they get revived the revive debuffs them. The revive is more like a reset instead of a revive. Yup, reset is the better word.

Also the instant revive asks that the level of the closed unit is buffed / debuffed / naturaly level 4 or below. Imagine we have a revive that requiers your unit to have 10 AT or below, if you play a magic weapon on that unit then the AT-revive won't work.

As you see the buffs need to stay there while the unit is closed so the game can verify somehow if the conditions were met.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Next

Return to Vordore's War Room