The missing game mechanics

Advanced Rules Discussion

The missing game mechanics

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:00 am

Everyone who reads this, is probably aware of how this game and other games work and what options in flexibility you have when you play.

For example in real time strategies you can outmicro units that counter yours and also overcome with slow unit high agility units.
In shooters you can still kill a guy with a machine gun with just a gun or even a knife. I don't often play shooters, but you get the idea.

Basically the complexity of the game is lacking something that in very many games let's you outplay your oponent + the fact that you aren't handicaped to play only the few cards you chosen. So in case you get countered in a strategy game you just need to train other units.

They could add some side deck where you have let's say 5 more cards and that cost a bit more SP to summon. Now instead of just saying the side deck idea is wrong, try to think a long and improve it or think of a better idea to improve the complexity of the game.
Peralisc2

Re: The missing game mechanics

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:11 am

Another thing we lack is diffrent field layouts. They don't have to be completly weird and strange shaped ... etc.

But there could be specific terrain effects that come from no units. For example:
- on a "map" all units of x type card and y type card get a 5 AT bonus
- there could be a square or 2 that give certain effects such as unit of 2 AGI or lower gets MAX HP - 10, AT +10 when its turn comes
- + RNG / - RNG effects that really change a lot!!

I remember when someone mentioned that set 4 brings new terrain and cemetery effects, everyone was happy because they were thinking about something entirely diffrent from what was about to come.

Hope you don't jump at me ... i just think this would make some think a bit outside the box. Diffrent fields and field effects mean diffrent ways of playing the same deck. But hey, it's just a suggestion, so if you don't like it, bring out your own or a better one.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:55 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:Another thing we lack is diffrent field layouts. They don't have to be completly weird and strange shaped ... etc.

But there could be specific terrain effects that come from no units. For example:
- on a "map" all units of x type card and y type card get a 5 AT bonus
- there could be a square or 2 that give certain effects such as unit of 2 AGI or lower gets MAX HP - 10, AT +10 when its turn comes
- + RNG / - RNG effects that really change a lot!!

I remember when someone mentioned that set 4 brings new terrain and cemetery effects, everyone was happy because they were thinking about something entirely diffrent from what was about to come.

Hope you don't jump at me ... i just think this would make some think a bit outside the box. Different fields and field effects mean diffrent ways of playing the same deck. But hey, it's just a suggestion, so if you don't like it, bring out your own or a better one.

Isn't what you described essentially what Set 4's terrain effects took a step towards? Actually some of your points are already in existence for a while now, as far as i understand them.

For example.. Annarose.. she buffs all units of type Lawtia.

And now we are starting to get "terrain effects" which have certain spaces get certain effects. For example, Tree Giant means three certain spaces are getting Damage = 40 a turn. Etc. So, who's not to say more complex effects like that won't follow.

Unless you are talking about permanent field effects from a grim.. which then causes a ton of problems on its own, in that it would almost defintiely give one person a huge advantage.. meaning we would then need counter cards.. meaning everyone would then have to pack these counter cards, and thus lower the amount of creative freedom in files.. Or we would just need general grim counters instead, but then with that and grim bane, the use of grims becomes almost pointless.

And to be honest, the field effects that we got were pretty much exactly what i was expecting.. the cemetary manipulation not so much, but I wasn't disappointed by field manip... except for the fact that it was gowen while Fomuna was falkow.

Lol, i think you'd like the card game I've currently "making" as a fun summer project though.. it has field effects and all that xD

I also don't understand the point of your first post.. you want to just add 5 more cards to files? What would that accomplish? In fact, I don't really think

In my honest opinion, Alteil has complexity and really doesn't need game mechanics that would, essentially, overhaul and change the entire game.. I'm here to play Alteil.. if we shift it around so much where it becomes a different game essentially, then I'd go play something else.
luckysvn777

Postby Azul » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:43 pm

I want new formats. We're effectively playing no items, Final Destination all the time. There's so many possible symmetrical effects you could add on to the game.

Something to lock out a certain square from having units played in it.

Something to make the Standby command recover more health.

Something to damage both sides on the same column.

So on! So forth!

The impossible dream! Team matches! Expanded fields! Batora randomly coming in and spamming your match chat until you tell him to **** off!
Azul

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:59 pm

I don't like the Standby idea, and let's keep the field the way it is please... but the other two ideas are good
luckysvn777

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:49 am

There are situations where you summon a card and it outplays your oponent for you. I don't see your solution to that.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:08 am

Eh? What situations are you referring to?
luckysvn777

Postby ANIMEniac » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:11 am

unit buffs are practically the "terrain buffs". We have things like Captain, Anna, Belfyna. Instead of it being a "spell" card to remove, it is in the form of a unit to bring down.

The block cells sounds interesting, but the only effect it will have are things that really need formations. other than that, not much is done with it. I guess if there were cell blockers, you can combo it with cards like Lava, row/column SS< or auto skills like the Gowen Tree thing and Voldore.

Well, considering a sidedeck, you might as well just "extend" the file size. That would give a little more space to have alt cards to use on other strats. But then again it may throw the game of balance when you think about how LP works. A deck can simply outlast an opponent with that extra number of units and high LP.
ANIMEniac

Postby 091888 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:14 am

note that it add ;a41 tactics into it slow other down like set 2 slow........ and you win simple ok ?

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:04 pm

Try to explain a bit more detailed your idea, i really don't understand what you try to say.
Peralisc2

Next

Return to Vordore's War Room