reason for hiding player list

Advanced Rules Discussion

reason for hiding player list

Postby Susanoo » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:14 am

i don't think this has been discussed yet or probably i missed it.

well i clearly understand with the random battle system since it will remove cheating attempts. but i don't see anything that can be useful by hiding the player list on crest and folrart arena. sure it's not that important but i'm just wondering.
Susanoo

Re: reason for hiding player list

Postby reydien » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:22 am

I suspect it just a part of Alteil's general limited interaction between players. While we're on the subject, what's up with that? As far as I can tell, you can't friend someone unless you duel them, you can't see a general list of who's online, you can't send messages to anyone not on your friend's list (to prevent spam, I'm guessing), and as Susanoo mentioned you can't see who's in what arena (other than seeing them on the battle list). I assume there's a reason for this, and that it's not something that could be changed easily (or at all) for the US servers, but what is the reason?
"Select the pistol, and then, select your horse."
reydien

Postby Grain » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:14 am

I think allowing us to view who is in the arena would be good, but, we shouldn't have control over whom we are dueling.

If you want to be friends with someone on the forum, PM them when they are online. Tell them that you'll be waiting in the training area, where you can choose oponents.
Grain

Postby AnnaTheRed » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:08 pm

The main reason for why you can't see who's in the arena is that so you can't duel with a specific Iczer.
If you could see the battle list and user list, you might be able to time it just right to duel with your friend (or could be yourself with another account), who might let you win/lose.
I don't want to suspect that anyone will do such a thing, but we have to be very careful.
It's just another precaution to prevent people from cheating the system.

reydien wrote:As far as I can tell, you can't friend someone unless you duel them...

You can also add your friends to your friend list in Chat on My Iczer page or Game home page.
You still have to send a PM to whoever you want to be friend with, and ask them to go to Chat at a specific time, make a room and ask them to enter your chat room.
Or just like Grain suggested, go to training arena and make a room for your friend, and add them that way.

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Return to Vordore's War Room