Postby Phenoca » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:19 pm

5 turns - no grims. That is so cheap.

Nerf! Nerf!

- Before it is too late.

Feedback?
Phenoca

Re: Mage Pixy SS

Postby Romdeau » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:20 pm

I think 6 turns is too much, maybe 3-4 is more reasonable? I don't know, I like the concept.
Romdeau

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:05 pm

I am ok with her SS. It can be quite situational, not everyone cares to rely on mass grims and even if they have 3-5 grims, they not necessarly need them so much. It's like the character killer decks, a gamble skill.
Peralisc2

Postby Phenoca » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:26 pm

Except... This makes some Falkow combos unstoppable.

Evangelical-stall, or 999HP, for example.

It cripples Returns.

It cripples last-minute Gowen grimoires.

It cripples so much stuff, and means that a DMG-spam file without grims (e.g. one sweeping tidalwave and no other grimoires) is overpowered vs. a situational file that uses a grimoire to counter different situations... And non-donating players use a lot of grimoires.

This SS just favours triple-unit cards too much, and will make for boring usage.
Phenoca

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:28 pm

It's not that great of an SS. It stops some types of files and that's it.
Peralisc2

Postby Korokage » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:47 pm

I am actually happy that there is an SS like this. It will be able to stop grim-spam big decks and other grim heavy decks, and teach some people to use mroar units. Also Phen, I am a free player but I use files that only have 1-2 grims so don't lump all free players as grim spamers.
Korokage

Postby Phenoca » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:03 pm

Korokage wrote:don't lump all free players as grim spamers.

Sorry.
When I was a free player, I spammed grims all game long. This is because the Set 1 Starter was terrible. I had forgotten about Set 3 starters being much better.
Phenoca

Postby Korokage » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:08 pm

Eh don't worry about it. BTW I still use set 1 Falkow starter and it's not that bad. It still serves me well with out too many grims, though I wanna make a working Mermaid deck...which will take more money...

Any way, back on topic, This will be like plenty of other cards/effects in Altiel. Only the people that it will negatively effect will complain about it potentially being OP or unfair. :P
Korokage

Postby Logress » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:22 am

We'll see how it goes. Remember, if you have it in a deck and go up against an enemy with no grims, that's an SS wasted. Same if you have it early and he uses late grims or vica verca.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Phenoca » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:18 am

Well, I got my Mage Pixy SS - and it is InstaWin!

I highly recommend it for tank-based stall files.

By the time my opponent recovers, I'm on him with 3-4 tanks and a a Knight of the 2nd Shrine SS.

I wonder what would happen if you gave Mage Pixy to newbies, and asked them to use it in Folrart?

Korokage wrote:Eh don't worry about it. BTW I still use set 1 Falkow starter and it's not that bad. It still serves me well with out too many grims, though I wanna make a working Mermaid deck...which will take more money...

Feel free to test on my Iczer; PM me and we can decide on a File slot for you to use.
I even have triples of Balzelda.

Logress wrote:We'll see how it goes. Remember, if you have it in a deck and go up against an enemy with no grims, that's an SS wasted.

Hmm, thanks...
But I'll take the risk! If I want to play a generic file, I can always Falkow-rush.
Phenoca

Next

Return to Vordore's War Room