Vicious Raptor

Advanced Rules Discussion

Vicious Raptor

Postby Visfarix » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:36 pm

I've been playing with my Monster? file and I've recently noticed a certain peculiarity with Vicious Raptor's action skill Messily Devour. The skill reads "Subtract AT from HP of random enemy in range of DF 1 or higher. This unit gets added AT, MAX HP, and HP equal to enemy's DF.", so you would think that Vicious Raptor will randomly hit anything in range as long as it has defense right?
But every time I use the skill Vicious Raptor always seems to only take a bite out of the unit with the highest def rather than hitting any other unit in range even if they have def (albeit less than the one it did attack). Only when their are units that have the same def value (and that def value is the highest) is it random among them.

I want to ask is this how Vicious Raptor is supposed to work and that the text is just worded badly? or have I just been extraordinarily lucky to always hit the unit with the highest def?
Visfarix

Re: Vicious Raptor

Postby DarthRaider » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:45 pm

It's like how we sometimes get extremely luck when our Combat Monk consistently hit for 50 damage. :D

I'm pretty sure that it's pure luck. When I faced against Raptor + Absolute Wall, my Mercenary in front wall (the only unit I have with DF) didn't get attacked.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! >:D

My Accounts:
BurninNuckle - Gowen
RisingOcean - Falkow
HeavenWingz - Refess
DarthRaider - Lawtia
DarthRaider

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:28 pm

Ya you got lucky for sure. It's same as when guardian gets hit by my units and the guardian always counters and hits dagon only (and yes there obviously were other units on the front row too) ... happend often, not always.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Visfarix » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:54 am

oh ok damn it would've been really cool if Vicious Raptor aimed for the unit with the highest def. his flavor text made me think he actually did aim for the top def unit.
Vicious Raptor wrote:Possibly a long-lost relative of the Earth Dragon, these fast, ferocious carnivores hunt in packs. Armor does little to protect against their strong jaws and it's believed the glitter of the metal even attracts them.

Forgive me for the somewhat silly question. In the 10+ games where I fielded him(he doesn't always see play unlike my other monsters) he always hit the unit with the highest def when there was more than one unit with def in range. Lucky me :candi:
Visfarix

Return to Vordore's War Room