2nd Dragonrider / Resource

Advanced Rules Discussion

2nd Dragonrider / Resource

Postby KaizerII » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:57 am

All right, so I've been looking at the card list and decided to check out the 2nd Dragonrider / Resource and as I was reading his skills descriptions more carefully I noticed that his "Strength of a True Hero" skill says Remove one [card: 2nd Dragonrider/Resource] in your Cemetery from the game, and then your units Iczer Attack for 2 LP. So that got me wondering, previously I had assumed that it just meant he iczer attacked immediately for 2 lps, but I dont think that this is the case anymore.

So I'd like to ask anyone who has at least 2 copies of him to test this out.
a) Does it do what I originally thought it did.
or
b) Does it make all friendly units on the field or all friendly units on the field and in your file (like with beast king rivera) iczer attack for 2 lp, and if so how long does it last? 1 turn or the whole match?
or
c) Does it make all friendly units immediately iczer attack for 2 lps. (I doubt it)

If you already know then please tell me as I am really curious of how he works.

Thanks in advance.
KaizerII

Re: 2nd Dragonrider / Resource

Postby Multi » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:29 am

For one, take notice that you remove one from the cemetary and not your card file. That mean's you remove one that's already dead from the game, so that you can't return it to your card file with stuff like dub rio or oversoul. Since the price to pay isn't as bad as what you're probably thinking, of course he doesn't immediately iczer attack for 2lp.

Pretty sure it just makes all units from then on, whenever they do an iczer attack, do 2lp. I could be wrong though, I'm not looking at the description as i'm typing this afterall.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Logress » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:07 am

Yes, all your units have the ability to do 2 LP until the end of the game, and assuming all the bug fixes are okay, it should even affect Ridea's 'super-Iczer attack.'
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Gota » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:43 am

Logress wrote:Yes, all your units have the ability to do 2 LP until the end of the game, and assuming all the bug fixes are okay, it should even affect Ridea's 'super-Iczer attack.'

Logress, it shouldn't affect Ridea because her effect specifically states 1LP.
"When this unit executes an Iczer Attack action, subtract 1 LP from rival Iczer's LP, this unit gets AT+20, and the cost is 0 SP."

So I don't think its a bug, but unless you guys want her to be able to do that, then nvm.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby KaizerII » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Thanks for the info and yes I did know about the cemetery thing.
I'm surprised nobodies taken advantage of this so far though, is it just that difficult to get in a position to take advantage of this?
KaizerII

Postby Gota » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:03 pm

its hard because he is a lv4, and because he is a 5 star card zzz
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby harvest4god » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:52 pm

I have attempted it before. Its not hard to get off. Example. KP, Recovery powder, Dragonrider. Once he dies once, slyph him. The problem is your rival will usually have a big field advantage over you. I also tried proxy(refess) recovery powder, Dragonrider. Then start puting out lycans fast. It somewhat works but it still is very hard to keep going.
harvest4god

Postby Romdeau » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:25 pm

I don't get why you would lead off with him...he seems more like a mid/late game kinda guy to me when you actually want to iczer attack. Plus, you can better take advantage of his action skill to one shot something before you use him for his ability on the second copy.
Romdeau

Postby Gota » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:32 pm

Romdeau wrote:I don't get why you would lead off with him...he seems more like a mid/late game kinda guy to me when you actually want to iczer attack. Plus, you can better take advantage of his action skill to one shot something before you use him for his ability on the second copy.

definitely agree with this.

Set up a solid field first, although his iczer buffing skill is awesome, it should be used as a secondary tactic. Prioritizing it is digging a hole for yourself. His ability to 1 shot something is not something to sneeze off about. Also, its targetting and rangeless, something refess don't get often.
Gota

Postby harvest4god » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:42 am

I only tested it when it first came out. I am not usually a refess kind of person anyways. I was only putting out the effects of the test.
harvest4god

Next

Return to Vordore's War Room