Is Refess Meant To Be The Anti-Lawtia File?

Advanced Rules Discussion

Is Refess Meant To Be The Anti-Lawtia File?

Postby Grain » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:51 pm

[card=0]Solar Prince[/card] is obviously designed to counter Lawtia files specifically.

Although, even Solar Prince can be countered by an [card=26]Eskatia[/card].

I remember having a Refess card in the Japanese game whose soul skill did 50 damage to all Lawtia cards only.

I assume that Refess won't be getting any morning-time-buffs when the expansions come out, seeing that high HP is supposed to be our specialty.
Grain

Re: Is Refess Meant To Be The Anti-Lawtia File?

Postby Phades » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:09 am

Other thought in this regard, living dead versus repatriate (resurection).

Repatriate will allow a unit closed to act, but removes all buffs due to being closed (dead), while living dead prevents being closed entirely. Shouldn't any card set to 0 be closed, then allowed to have skill triggers, in order to preserve some semblance of balance between the two skills?

Furthermore, why are instant send card to cemetery effects do not affect LP? This makes many situations of "sacrifice" have no real penalty for the lawtia player and remove the opportunity for any resurrection chances.
Phades

Postby Grain » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:04 am

Phades wrote:Furthermore, why are instant send card to cemetery effects do not affect LP? This makes many situations of "sacrifice" have no real penalty for the lawtia player and remove the opportunity for any resurrection chances.

If a card is sent to the graveyard instantly, no soul skill activates, and the Iczer receives no SP.
Grain

Postby Logress » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:48 am

In second set, Refess will be getting Morning buffs, yes. Also, Reparate is a great power I'm sure we'll see some decks built around and some point. Actually, there already is one running around... Anyway, if you manage to get Zagar to attack before he gets pummeled by high AGI units, then he gets killed right after he goes, then your Sphinx goes and uses Reparate on him... then Zagar pops back up, disengaged and he gets to attack a second time!
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Phades » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:18 pm

Actually, I have been trying to make repariate work like that, while using the song maiden to augment Zagar. It sorta works up until you realize that you have to keep puffballs, the song maiden, and the guardian sphynx alive. Any soul card based + agl solution does not work in this instance, due to the fact that all the buffs get removed when the unit is closed and after zagar falls, there isn't usually much in between the sphynx and the song maiden from the rest of the attackers.

Personally, i am starting to think that phoenix + anything is going to be a stronger combo overal, since it doesn't require intricate timing to make it work, 3 different units to make it work, and the living dead effect doesn't remove stacks of buffs. It would be far easier to setup in the card file too, requiring way fewer cards. Remove the song maidens, zagar, and sphynx entirely, then load up with gowen magic weapons, soul cards with +atk, +agl, w/e, couple killing machines and call it good.... Of course the only decks that might pose a problem to, would be refress without dispell, and gowen without multiple firestorms (abysmal SP tradeoff 5->3). Lawita can just instant kill and falkow can overbuff beyond the defense with azure dragon.

I would try to run this, but i only have one phoenix atm and would leave no room for error. :cry:
Phades

Return to Vordore's War Room