Bright New Ideas

Advanced Rules Discussion

Bright New Ideas

Postby Pherguzon » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:56 am

I'm pretty sure everyone doesn't want to just reveal all of their little secrets in there deck, and how they keep an edge up on their opponents,
being that this channel seems to be one of the least posted on, because we all hate seeing that evil little red slash ;attack hit our precious little avatar
that we finally saved up enough FM for that we now don't look like every other Alteil player out there.( Thank you GaoGaiGirl for the Avatars)

But i think that anything that you can afford to share with the community would be most appreciated, i myself love learning from my mistakes, and don't mind that
my win percentage is like 58%, but i also like to hear and see other peoples strategies( i think that a spectator mode would be pretty useful). But any was feel free to post anything
that you think is useful.

Like the first thing that i have grown to hate is that damn "waiting for opponent" screen that pops up anytime your enemy is spending to much time staring at your belly dancing cat-gurl
kurina, but for any one that hasn't noticed yet that you can drag that annoying pop up almost all the way off screen, then this little bit of info may be a life saver :D

Also i have notice when playing against ;a39 Lawtia deck is that they normally start off with a shade that will steal 2 sp if it has a chance but a pretty useful thing to do is to put all your spare sp into your Growen lvl.
which is ussally like 1 extra sp but then at least you wont lose it to those nasty sp draining abilities< but you guys all probably already knew all this info and i'm just telling myself this stuff but anyways post away if you wish.

c ya in the arenas ~Pherguzon
Pherguzon

Re: Bright New Ideas

Postby Cyanide » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:16 am

Personally I am fine with telling my tactics, there's nothing special about the way I play and I do pretty well.

If I come up against a lower level player or even a similar level but noobish seeming player I will try to give advice, I even sometimes go into the training area just because of this.
;a38
Cyanide

Postby Grain » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:43 am

When a soul skill is activated or a character skill is used, the big picture that appears on the right side of the screen can be dragged also.
Grain

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:00 pm

I usually have a 4-turn opening strategy which is rather nice, though I will only spoil step 1:

Turn 1: Pump 3 into Lawtia, summon Lycanthrope Leonardo.
Hakuro de Killer

Postby Pherguzon » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:06 pm

I would love some great advice with the ;a38 Falkrow ;a38 deck i got some new card but ever since i added them to my deck i keep on losing duels it really bugs
since i assumed i would do better with new and different cards that less people had. But now my deck just feels very unbalanced, i i have lost a good amount of duels
when i had been winning before, i have been trying to balance it but it seems to prove pretty difficult and trying out new deck in the training area usually gets me no where
because that people that i end up fighting in there are less experienced and usually take mass amount of times in between turns ( at least enough time to write this post ;)),
so yea any advance info for falkrow deck would me greatly appreciated. ;a33
Pherguzon

Postby BcDed » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:22 am

I think this posting area is for people asking about specific rules like the master stack order post there is a topic specifically for strategy discussion. But anyway Pherguzon in order to help you I would need to know what specifically you need help on as everyone plays different. I've noticed just a few tricks like you can kill an animate dead with flesh recycle. Those shades are often played not to take sp but rather to prevent opposing 3 drops from hitting turn two(as lawtia needs those 3 drops since they don't have any good front line 2 drops) and can also be nifty when combined with a +sp soul card as your opponent will most likely kill it. Also most of the time I don't revive level ones with open abilities. They are often there just because of those abilities and reviving them usually just leads to them dying again anyway. You can return your own cards. Sometimes thats an important thing to remember. Using a card that returns or puts a card into the cemetary can save you an sp. If I think of anything else I will post it.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
BcDed

Postby Sarkath » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:59 am

I think this posting area is for people asking about specific rules like the master stack order post there is a topic specifically for strategy discussion.

Yeah you are indeed correct, didn't notice that small advanced rule check either. :roll:
Doh, sorry for not noticing.

Then for a fitting argument, there's an issue which might make that whole strategy unrealistic, at the fact that you might not be able to time a grimoire unit with a conditional skill, which makes the strategy obsolete. This may be something fitting for this. :)

Is this possible? Another interesting evening to "experiment" on this game. :geek:

A strategy that may be nice to know of, if it proves that you can combine grimoires with conditional skills.

Edit:
I usually have a 4-turn opening strategy which is rather nice, though I will only spoil step 1:
Turn 1: Pump 3 into Lawtia, summon Lycanthrope Leonardo.

I'm curious, about this strategy. Since, what you strive with Leonardo is to get it out at the round when it will get the conditional use/night time skill. That will be, to choose it for summoning at noon, means that it will be summoned right at the time when the time shifts. But if you choose to summon this card one round earlier, and have a plan to keep it alive, say behind a few rows, but it can still be killed easily but not by the defense units which tend to have RNG:1.

Time change: It happens after selecting what to summon the next round, which means. If you choose something at noon, it will after that decision turn to day, and on the summoning/opening whatever it's called it will turn night and voila. Your unit has just gotten on the field, and are ready to use its conditional skill.

I suspect that your tactic is to put in a counter attack grimoire with leonard's conditional use/night time skill. Which is a very nice move, however that would also mean, just by having one of leonardo will give you several weak spots, which means that you probably have two of these, so you can put in a revive in the worst scenario. The counter attack also moves leonardo then directly to the cemetary, which means no LP loss, and a boost to your LeBeau's defense for future situation.

Key: Enough SP, Leonardo must prevail

Flaws: But the worst thing with this is the fact that you really need the SP. Either way you have to save, and pray for no Shades which will be the biggest flaw, and the other your unit isn't protected from high range units, but that may be solved with having 2 cards of leonardo, to increase the chance.

Things-that-may-improve-situation: You can either rely to sacrifice a unit, in clear words: let the opponent defeat one or two units of yours in order to get enough SP in order to get the counter attack grimoire out in time, otherwise, mission failed.

I assume that your "fourth rounds strategy" have one round to raise that your chances of completing this strategy. Or, you have some totally other strategy. But still the explained one is a nice way to get rid of plenty of cards, if you know what you are doing, or can adapt it to different situations.
Sarkath out. :ugeek:
Sarkath

Postby fluffydude90 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:01 am

Pherguzon wrote:I would love some great advice with the ;a38 Falkrow ;a38 deck i got some new card but ever since i added them to my deck i keep on losing duels it really bugs
since i assumed i would do better with new and different cards that less people had. But now my deck just feels very unbalanced, i i have lost a good amount of duels
when i had been winning before, i have been trying to balance it but it seems to prove pretty difficult and trying out new deck in the training area usually gets me no where
because that people that i end up fighting in there are less experienced and usually take mass amount of times in between turns ( at least enough time to write this post ;)),
so yea any advance info for falkrow deck would me greatly appreciated. ;a33

For falkow I think there's 3 solid opening strategies.
The 1st is a disruption strategy where you do 3 falkow spheres and then a Witch in your back row. 2nd turn you use Sylph depending on what your opponent did. 3rd turn generally is a Haste Soldier.
The 2nd is more of a power strategy where your first turn play is a Haste Soldier and then second turn is usually a pass followed by a Eagle Soldier or Sea Monster thing depending on what your opponent did.
The 3rd is a strong start strategy I guess. I've never actually used it but some like to. You skip first turn then bring out Sea Monster thing second turn followed by a Song Sorceress.
I personally use the 2nd strategy now since I got my hands on a couple of Deep Squid. The first strategy is really good for making people mad though!
fluffydude90

Postby KitsuneOni » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:54 am

For Lawtia players that play LeBeau: If your opponent is Gowen and you sense a Fire Tornado about to come up on your Lebeau'd guy (which is usually very predictable), play a Flesh Recycle and pray the stack works in your favor. If Fire Tornado goes off first, you can target your Lebeau'd guy with Flesh Recycle and bring him from those negative numbers to their max health minus 20. Pretty obvious, but it saved me a couple games when I had a Crest Regenerator with 70 DF and took all the hits from Fire Tornado. Of course, for Refess, "Cure" works the same way.

No more real "super combos" that I can think of that haven't already been mentioned or are not obvious.
Where there is light there must be darkness, for without evil there is none that is good.
KitsuneOni

Return to Vordore's War Room