Close Skills

Advanced Rules Discussion

Close Skills

Postby Galandros » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:47 pm

I thought it multiple units were killed by the same action (action is trigged by opponent) that close skills resolve in field slot order. Discussion?
All-teal!!!!!!
Galandros

Re: Close Skills

Postby Ginnazoh » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:36 pm

I believe it works as follow (or I am lead to believe so thanks to the guide by logress
(found at : http://www.alteil.com/rulebook/index.php?page=dueling_rules&subsection=master_stack_resolution)

"Burial / SP Return of one unit (In order the units killed. In case of mass extinction, the Iczer who initiated the destruction loses units first. Also, units are removed by location on the battle grid, in numerical order.)"

So priority:
1) owner of unit
2) field position.
Ginnazoh

Postby Xovian » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:07 am

Bare in mind not all mass effects are considered mass effects.
For example: Der Freischütz SS while it hits several times, after each hit it will resolve, and there are several other SS effects like it.
Overall this is the only way that a mass effect will not resolve in numerical order.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby Gota » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:32 am

I think only field wipe effects close in order, skills like Dalos' action does not, because its random target, so the close skills goes randomly.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby harvest4god » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:09 am

Close skills do go off in numerical order if closed at exact same time.
harvest4god

Postby Artist » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:03 pm

1 - Fenrir, 2- Nightsoul, 3 - Dagon

Samurai girl slashes during day time, hits the row.

Nightsoul close changes time to night, dagon uses 1 sp to recover itself, fenrir closes, nightsoul closes.

That's how it SHOULD work, but once for some reason all 3 units died on me, I had 1 sp so Dagon should've lived but it didn't. Since then this has been bugging me in my sleep too.
Artist

Postby Logress » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:48 pm

Read my page on timing. Basically, during the Damage Resolution mini-phase, it first checks ALL applicable units to see if they have a Close Skill that needs to go off. If it does, it puts it in the cue. Then it goes through the cue. This is done because sometimes a killing close skill triggers another close skill, and rather than interrupt it's added to the cue at the end. Because it was day when the Close Skills were added to the cue, Dagon's wasn't added in the first place.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby neviscus » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:50 pm

I have had night soul and scylla in a column during a column damage SS during day and night soul made it night, scylla revived, is it different because of a SS or something?
neviscus

Postby Logress » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:19 pm

Really? I could be wrong, in that it might add Close skills to the cue even if they don't meet their precondition and checks that later. Artist, are you 100% sure of your board position? Also, nev, do you know your board position?
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby neviscus » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:16 pm

it was
night soul-1
scylla-4
so it would make sense for them to go in that order. I assumed it checked close skills and had them go off in order, so artist's would make sense
neviscus

Next

Return to Vordore's War Room