Simultaneous Kills

Advanced Rules Discussion

Simultaneous Kills

Postby Nerdyfro » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:14 pm

So...lets just say that lelein activates as last SS...both iczers are now at 1 LP...and it field wipes both sides...and neither can revive anything. Lets say one has units in slots 1, 7, and 9... and the other has units in slots 2 and 4...who loses first? Or is it 50/50...or 40/60...or, the guy in slot 1 dies first? Thanks for the help...
I consider myself a "free" player because I never spent any of my own money on Alteil.

However, I did get free gran from
Nerdyfro

Re: Simultaneous Kills

Postby DDrgn » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:26 pm

I think it'll be 50/50. That, or the owner of the Lelein's SS will have units removed first.

I had a match back in Crest where the opponent had their last Salamander in spot 7, I had my only rifleman knight in spot 9.

My Lelein SS went off, both died. Both of us now had 1LP left. Next turn, rifleman is removed and I lose. :(
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby LoneKnight » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:56 pm

When an effect goes "all units" it goes in order of 1-2-3 etc...

I'm not sure if it goes 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 though. I suspect it clears one field first, then the other.
LoneKnight

Postby Zanador » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:59 pm

If your skill killed units on both sides, then your units will go down into cemetery in the grind order (1 to 9), then your enemy units (from 1 to 9). So wiping both fields isnt a good idea when both players have only 1 LP left, because there isnt even a 50% roll there.
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby Artist » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:00 pm

Self inflicted damage always triggers first in leaving the field/close skills. If the Lelein belonged to you, you will always die no matter where field placement is, and vice versa.

When it comes to close skills, it's even more complex and once I even had this weird occurrence where it felt the entire system broke down or something. GMs' reply was that it happens so little no one really understands how the programming was like, so I left it at that.
Artist

Postby azurewrath » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:23 pm

Had a situation like this before. Bringer brought down Lelein and Lelein brought down Crest Halberd which hit Bringer after Lelein kills Bringer. Order of removal was Lelein followed by Halberd (I assume this) then Bringer. The Halberd was revived so I can't say for sure, but I would assume he goes second.
azurewrath

Postby Phenoca » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Ha.

So um. If a unit's close skill damages a unit that is already dead, then the last unit to take damage is the last unit to close? Or is that wrong.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Gota » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:04 am

Had a unique situation happened to me before.

Enemy had a Zuga with 100 or so DF (alphonse soul -_-), I used a sacrifice on my Zu blowing him up and hitting that Zuga for 899 dmg, killing it (he had no SP), and then this triggers my Zu's close skill and hitting every unit on my field and hit that enemy Zuga for 0 dmg.

We were both on our last LP and last copy of our units.

I thought for sure that I was dead, because at that time I thought that whoever initiated the "mass field effect" or "suicide" effects will be removed first, aka my sac on Zu will remove Zu first, but that was not the case. What happened was his Zuga went to the cemetery first and won me the game.

I am almost certain that if his Zuga did not have any DF that my Zu would have been removed first. So its like the game wanted to resolve the sacrifice first since it was played first, but because Zu was not 'killed' by sacrifice, it was 'killed' by its close skill which delivered the final blow if you will. So the Zuga went to cemetery first. And thats why I said that I am almost certain that if the Zuga didn't have any DF that my Zu would have been removed first, cuz then Zuga would also have taken dmg from my Zu close skill, making it also 'killed' by the close effect.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Spears » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:50 am

Sacrifice hits their unit then your unit though right? two different effects if you had killed them both with something like thunderheads which is simultaneous effect you would have lost.
i think.
Spears

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:58 am

There's no "simultaneous effect".
LoneKnight

Next

Return to Vordore's War Room