Veteran Folrart Paladin -Counter resolving

Advanced Rules Discussion

Veteran Folrart Paladin -Counter resolving

Postby angelspawn » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:48 pm

Counters go off in the way they get activated, except when Veteran Paladin uses his Skill "Smite". (Atk+30 to target enemy, HP-30 to yourself) You always see the damage inflicted upon yourself being calculated first, and then the inflicted dmg on your opponent.

In my case Veteran Paladin had 40HP, calculated i could:
Target Guardian > Do -30 HP to myself > Dmg her for 60(-10Def) > Heal from my Paladin's Counter > Tank Guardian counter.
Instead Guardian's counter goes off first dispite being (visually) calculated later. Killing my Paladin in the process.

This happened before and perhaps it's intended, but it just looks so very illogical. You easily are stuck in the basic thoughtprocess of calculating&predicting your remaining HP (as you always do), and heal when it'll get below 20. This game becomes needlesly complicated if we suddenly see exceptions for certain cards to -what once were- basic ground rules.
angelspawn

Re: Veteran Folrart Paladin -Counter resolving

Postby Otonashi » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:03 pm

On the contrary, Veteran Paladin damages the target before he damages himself, therefore the counters will trigger in that order. You may have observed the skill in action wrong.
Otonashi

Postby fargone » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:39 pm

I am sure you damage the opponent and yourself, and then the counterskills go off in agi order. Seeing as how guardian and vet fol pal have the same agi, you would have a 50 50 chance of yours going off first...

Perhaps I have interpretted this wrong?
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby azurewrath » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:00 pm

I always thought what happens is this.

1. Vet floats skill.
2. Skill starts resolving and hits Guardian. Deals 50 damage. Takes 30 damage.
3. New skill is floated (Guardian Counter).
4. Since we do LIFO, Guardian skill is resolved.
5. Guardian skill hits Vet.
6. Vet dies before his skill is fully resolved.
azurewrath

Return to Vordore's War Room