Where does my unit go if the field is full?

Advanced Rules Discussion

Where does my unit go if the field is full?

Postby ManiacalSoul » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:55 am

I was playing a game earlier, and I had 9 units on the field and played a unit with an open skill, which worked fine. The following turn, I still had 9 units on the field, and during the set phase, the game said I had no space, and my card disappeared. My question is, where did it go? It did not go to my cemetery, or to the removed from game section, or back to my file... it seems to have just disappeared. This is probably a rare situation but I'm just wondering out of curiosity where exactly my card went.
ManiacalSoul

Re: Where does my unit go if the field is full?

Postby Romdeau » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:57 am

Wow, that is an interesting question; I can never imagine placing myself in a situation that called for it. At any one given time, I have never had more than 7 units on my field at once. I'm kinda curious about what exactly took place that called for you to fill your field to the max ManiacalSoul.
Romdeau

Postby Taiki » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:47 am

I've filled my field to the max before... but that was just because I had a bunch of sylphs and udines that didn't die sitting around taking up space... never had the need to test it out though
Taiki

Postby AnnaTheRed » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:31 am

I've tried this and the card went to Cemetery.
It doesn't get moved to Cemetery immediately after the message shows up, but it goes to Cemetery after your opponent makes a decision.
I've tried this several times, and all the cards that couldn't be placed in the field says "Cemetery" on top of them.
I had nothing in Cemetery when this happened, so it was easier to spot where the card disappeared to, but maybe you had several cards in your Cemetery and didn't notice it?

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Postby ManiacalSoul » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:42 am

First time I checked my cemetery after the message (which was immediately) I saw a copy of the unit that had gone there earlier, but not the copy that I just played. I had 5 cards in my cemetery at the time. Don't think I checked the cemetery again after my opponent got a turn. If so, your explanation makes sense, thanks for the reply.

EDIT: Just tried it in the training arena... stupid me for not checking the cemetery again later.
ManiacalSoul

Return to Vordore's War Room