Understanding Active Phase Timing

Advanced Rules Discussion

Understanding Active Phase Timing

Postby ANIMEniac » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:18 pm

No this isn't about Night/Day in Alteil. This thread is to explain some of the timing mechanics of cards in Alteil that many of you probably don't think about.

"Rank Up" abilities occurs right when the Active Phase begins, before any grims or units are revealed
Sorry, but your Dryad Soldier Soul Skill you are waiting to trigger that turn won't be useful for your Rank Up until next turn.

Grimoire effects take precedence over units.
How many have thought about what effect will go first when cards are revealed? There is a "coin-flip" to see who goes first, however, there is a definite order between unit and grimoire cards that I and a few fellow Iczers had found.
This means that your Power/Pact/Rapid Growth/Mistake will always go before a Shade.
You will always be able to heal before a Salamander finishes your unit.
If opponent deals 30 damage with a grim on your Brave, and you played Rougerst that turn, Brave will rank and have 20/50 HP.

Closed Trigger all occur after the Set cards have been played
You can't try to trigger a Spore to go off before Burning Sun has taken effect.
If using Lycan [Scylla] or Noir, you have a window to try to save yourself before they take your LP, if you are lucky with the card timing.

Closed Units are removed in order of death
First unit to die will be the first to go and hit your LP. This is essential to understand and know for timing Soul abilities like Reviving. Know what unit will go and what unit you can revive.
As stated here: http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php?f=13&t=767&rb_v=viewtopic, if a mass board wipe were to occur, what order will closed units go? Another depth to Alteil is the importance of formation and placement. Those numbers act more than a marker. Units will be removed in order [1-2-3] if several die at same time. Owner of the effect will be first to remove all his units, then the opponent.

"Start Phase" Skills have AGI factored in
Solar Prince vs Eskatia, who wins the Day/Night battle? Normal conditions is a coin-flip. However, a Syl or Undine can change that order around.

Well, that's all I have to say for now. If there should be anything I need to fix or add, feel free to comment.

EDIT:
Like to give thanks to Xovian, Rom, Snikkerz and many of the others from the chat. They all take their time to discuss and test out ideas to further improve game play and strategies in Alteil.
Last edited by ANIMEniac on Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ANIMEniac

Re: Understanding Active Phase Timing

Postby Romdeau » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:32 pm

Very useful information ANIME, thanks for posting this.
Romdeau

Postby Xovian » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:55 pm

Aww, giving all my secrets out after all that testing. ;)
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby ANIMEniac » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:24 pm

Oh no my Alteil espionage cover has been blown! =p

Hopefully more people will develop interesting strategies to incorporate all that Alteil has to offer. Maybe next time I should write about the meta and ways to take it down :twisted:

Heh, besides, we still have our "Secret Tech" XD
*Oops, i say that out loud?* :o
ANIMEniac

Postby EvilGenius » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:19 am

I had a feeling Start Skills were by AGI, I just don't have enough Start Skill cards to test it. :D
EvilGenius

Return to Vordore's War Room