soul skill revive

Advanced Rules Discussion

soul skill revive

Postby AshenPlanet » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:46 pm

On the cards that have soul skill - revive closed friendly unit, after that sp+2, does the second part always happen?

ie. if 2 cards get buried, then 1 will trigger, 2nd will revive, and sp+2 - I get that.
What I'm wondering is, if only 1 card goes to graveyard, and there is nothing to revive, do you still get the sp+2?
AshenPlanet

Re: soul skill revive

Postby EvilGenius » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:46 pm

AshenPlanet wrote:On the cards that have soul skill - revive closed friendly unit, after that sp+2, does the second part always happen?

ie. if 2 cards get buried, then 1 will trigger, 2nd will revive, and sp+2 - I get that.
What I'm wondering is, if only 1 card goes to graveyard, and there is nothing to revive, do you still get the sp+2?

It depends on the wording. I'm not sure which card you're referring to, but I'll give an example.

[card=208]Chaos Ogre / Dalos[/card] reads: Revive one closed friendly unit, and then do [damage:40] to target enemy unit.

The key word there is "then" which requires you to have a closed unit to revive before the second part of his ability will go off. If you have no units to revive, he won't do any damage.
EvilGenius

Postby AshenPlanet » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:41 pm

That's what I suspected.

The card I was referring to is annarosa, compared to elder druid who simply gives sp+2, annarosa would seem better except that you won't get the sp+2 without having 2 cards closed during the same turn.

I don't actually have either, but I was playing with them during the tournament this weekend. ;th2
AshenPlanet

Postby Banslay » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:03 am

The wording on some cards is misleading.

To take the [card=208]Dalos[/card] soul skill example, it would be clearer if it were worded:

Revive one closed friendly unit; if you do, then do [damage:40] to target enemy unit.

The same goes for the [card=33]Assassin[/card] soul skill: Send one friendly unit to the Cemetary. After that, send one disengaged enemy unit of your choice to the Cemetary.

Since for the second part of the skill to happen, the first part needs to have been fulfilled, the correct wording would be:

Send one friendly unit to the Cemetary. If you do, send one disengaged enemy unit of your choice to the Cemetary.
Banslay

Postby ReyLokito » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:12 pm

got a question:

with [card=21]Kesaran Pasaran[/card]'s SS, can I target a closed friendly unit?

i.e. two closed units on field, first one sets off the SS (granted Kesaran is at 1/2 LP), can I then target the second closed unit?
ReyLokito

Postby Romdeau » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:55 pm

No Rey, that's not how it would work. The unit has to be face up for you to heal it. It's basically a cure SC.
Romdeau

Postby ReyLokito » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:41 pm

thought so...

thanks Romdeau. ;th2
ReyLokito

Return to Vordore's War Room