New files

Strategies and Card File Construction

New files

Postby worthing » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:15 pm

Hey guys thought I would make a thread where you can post any file. Yeah any file even if you don't plan to use it. The meta evolves very slowly due to not too many people playing as there used to be. I find one of the best ways to make a new and great file is to just make a few on paper look at why its good and why its bad and sometimes it will give me an idea for a new file or completely new concepts. I think discussing the files as well and their strengths/weaknesses would also be a great idea. I will post some of my random junk files and some files I also use later on. Hope this helps casual folrarters out a bit :D.
worthing

Re: New files

Postby VertuHonagan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:58 pm

I will add quite a few files on here. I'm actually in the process of going through and deleting all my current files and making a list of pure new ones that just add flavor and fun for me. I'll be sure to post full files and explanations of everything in the file.

On a side note: I'm going to be making a new topic using the card list and writing out a detailed explanation of each card for every sphere and its uses. Maybe this will hopefully enlighten others to create new variety within folrart.
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:17 pm

A variiation of my old janus file this one is alot more fun especially the very stubborn to die lycan doll. also cornelia's revive as been very useful for me to keep eskatia and riza going, especially nice if i can revive EX undead lord. It is more sp intensive and alot of times either didnt need cornelia or didnt have the sp to get her out while maintaining enough sp for my lycans
monkeysmiles11

Postby VertuHonagan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Soul skills:

1. Dryad Soldier - His soul skill is Gowen Level + 3. The point of this skill is to get up to Gowen level 6 without needing to use SP. 6 Gowen is the max this file needs.

2. Skeleton Warrior - He is a 2LP soul skill and is a revival skill. The reason this is a revival instead of Dub Rido, is to help maintain the field. This file is a little slow and requires a safeguard to keep a unit on field.

3. Earth Dragon - He is a 1LP soul skill that deals Gowen level x 10 to a column of enemy units. 60 damage to a column of units is great. Although many people set up their field to counter this its still very effective for killing off a strong unit.

4. Faerie Heroine / Mitzettv- She is a 2LP soul skill that deals SP x 10 to 2 disengaged enemy units. This skill is easily countered, but it works more often than not. It has the potential to deal great damage to 2 units thus the reason it is one of the most popular 2lp soul skills.

5. Death Dragon / Zangadylan - He is a 3LP soul skill and one of my personal favorites, he deals 30 damage to target enemy unit and gives opponent 3 sp in return. This file needs a 3LP card and there are not many great 3LP cards in the game. Lelein is the only other 3LP card I would choose for the end spot but a lot of times 20 damage to all units is not going to be very helpful.

Card File:

1. Flame Sorceress / Addition - She is the whole reason for making this file. She has an action skill that costs 1 sp and deals friendly gowen units x 30 to 2 enemy units. The only problem I've ever had with making a file with her, is that she is squishy and she needs some good walls. Thus the rest of the file are her shields.

2. Proxy of Flame / Pullermia - He used to get the 3 falkow levels required to run the entire file. Without him the file would be a lot slower and harder to run effectively.

3. EX: Girl Mercenary - She is a great filler unit to place down when sp is tight. Not only that but her close skill returns her to the file and gives you the sp you spent on her. She is the starting card for this file for that reason, and when played during a game it is both to keep field control and to power up Addition without taking a hit to LP.

4. Mad Beast / DanDan - DanDan is being used as a powerful wall. He can't be easily returned to the file, and he has a great auto skill doing 30 damage to 2 enemy units. The only time his auto skill backfires is against a buffed Guardian, but along with Addition, this problem is easily taken away, as Addition has the power to defeat her in one hit.

5. Brave Hero / Dilate - A great almost undead gowen unit. Not only is very effective at not dying, but he also can solo a field without help. Making him a great wall in this file. Plus, he is generaly a huge target for opponent and will be sin'd a lot. Since I only have one copy of him I really don't mind if he gets Sin'd it won't hurt my file, and will actually help to keep opponent from hitting the other units in the file.

6. Dragon Slayer / Bringer - Does he even need a reason? Haha. He is one of, if not, the best level 5 card in the game. He has high agi and his action skill only costs 1 sp to kill pretty much any unit in the game, while healing himself. With lossing agi every turn it isn't too wise to use it a lot against a high agi opponent, but in the end game you can generally use it quite a bit without worry.

7. Unequaled Legend / Genshin - Genshin is a huge wall for this file. He has extremely high hp, can nuke an entire row of enemy units for 2 sp and move them to random places, and! When he iczers the opponent he deals 2 LP points of damage instead of the normal 1LP. He is 1 agi so after the opponent has been field wiped by Addition he has free reign to iczer if you still have the sp remaining. With his high hp he can generally stay alive long enough for Addition to use her skill. Also he can't be hit by soul skills. So he is great for countering Sins.

8. Man-Eating Tiger - Man-Eating Tiger does not have a high hp, but he is a decent wall in the file as he is very cheap. He only costs 2 sp to play and he doesn't cost any sp to revive him. The reason he is being used over his counterpart Kurina, is that he has 10 more hp and the action skill to pretty much kill any unit set in slots 7-8-9 on opponents field. This action skill is very useful, and a lot of players even forget that it exists. He is played to quickly give Addition more gowen units, after you have your original walls set in place. Preferably either Dilate, Genshin, or Dan-Dan depending on your opponents file and your SP count. If facing SP drain it may be preferable to play Man-Eating Tiger first to stall while gaining the SP to play the rest of the file.

9. Withdrawal Strategy - Cheaper version of Return. Not only does it return a level 3 unit, but you could also use it to get a Salamander open. Before letting Salamander die to activate SS

10. Salamander - One of the best level 1 units in the game. His open allows you to defeat low HP units and he is great for proper timing of your soul skill. He also works great with Withdrawal Strategy.

11. Disjunction - Level 5 return card. Returns a level 5 unit on field. This is preferably used late game to get rid of an opponents higher level card, and keep good field control at the end of the game. Even used to remove the opponents last unit and allow for Iczer attacking at the end of the game. Giving you more free shots at the opponent when they are low in life, without the risk of lossing units yourself.

12. Wrath of the Sea Lord - 1sp cheaper than Distortion and can remove a pesky Guardian/Judie early/mid game, when you are working on building up your field.

13. Sweeping Tidal Wave - Returns a level 2 unit but discards a grim from your file. This is great for stalling off rushes, while waiting on getting the sp to create your field.

14. Return - Everyone knows this card, everyone hates this card. Files are built around dodging this card. This card returns an opponents level 3 or lower card. It is used to keep good field control on your own side, or even used later in the game to remove a buffed unit, so that you don't lose units to them. Depending on the opponents file, while using this file, I would hold off on playing return until you start working on getting your field up. Get down one of your walls, and then use return to remove some out of range units that won't die to your walls.

That my friends is my Addition file and my reasoning for every card within the file. Please feel free to comment, leave your concern, or anything you think should be changed on it.
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby shadowsketch » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:19 pm

Here's a priest file I was working on then ragequitted because I got returned like a muth.

Plenty of stupid stuff like Chaos Annarose + Healing Priest, Raste/Manipulator Priest, etc.

I plan on changing the SS, probably need some HP boosts (Pucera, Knight of 2nd Shrine, Bopors, etc.). Also probably need a level 4 tank, Guardian, etc.
shadowsketch

Postby worthing » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:33 pm

Good file. I don't know if you need miffrye though. Messala is a great opener btw and can be played in basically any refess file that has space to use 1 of her and 2-3 true god church units like church paladin.
worthing

Postby shadowsketch » Wed May 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Miff's been working well for me though since she gives extra SPs for Manipulator Priest and Raste as well as give ATK for the priests (which they need). I've bumped her down to 2 though since that feels like the optimal number. Messala's good, but she'd be better with more True God characters since the true god units here carry and I don't want them in the grave.

I just realized I had 3 of those level 4 true god dudes (Granvarion? Gravan? Something like that) so I'm putting him in. I made some more changes, I'll try them out throughout the week.
shadowsketch

Postby yamyam » Wed May 01, 2013 6:13 pm

Mother's tough love.

and thanks to icyglare, there's a replay: http://alteil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=14523&sid=236abfe337536ab4bf8bdd9d05b4f275

it fails against early game defense, ie. pucera and 30/30 ss.
Image Image
yamyam

Postby worthing » Thu May 02, 2013 1:31 am

I really like chainmail/sk 2 with field spam.

Mid gowen + oversoul+ flames of judgement is a really good way to play mid red atm.
worthing

Postby Khiruki » Thu May 02, 2013 2:12 am

Just something thrown together. EXMureria makes everyone fast as balls, and martial artists are beefy beatsticks by nature, so now they are fast as balls beatsticks made of beef! EXMureria's double slash can even snipe back line support. Eskatia's soul can also be used to gain a massive field and SP advantage mid game.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum