Postby Grain » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:10 pm

teasel wrote:beating big blue it's easy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq0gp2Z1vLQ

*Explodes*
Grain

Re: Beating Big Blue?

Postby kyokaze » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:25 am

Now that ... was funny xD
We may not be the strongest but we shall fight to the end! Let us spread our wings and soar to VICTORY!
~ Twilight Angels ~
kyokaze

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:10 am

Nehless wrote:I think the first post needs to be updated with counter strategies against Big Blue.

I would update it IF I found any strategy that actually worked. I've tried pretty much everything I've read in this thread along with quite a few more of my own invented strategies and not one of them has defeated maniacalSoul's big blue. Even ones I guessed might work but didn't have the cards to try (like Dalos) I've heard from other people that ManiacalSoul has counters for as well. His record isn't perfect so he's losing to some body, but it seems that some body either hasn't spilled the beans on their secret or built their deck for the express purpose of beating big blue and thus loses to anything else.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Porky » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:16 am

What deck do you run when you go up against him?
Furthermore against MS, you not only need to pre-empt you need to also play a perfect game, well with my deck anyway, any mistake and he wins=( He rarely makes mistakes which makes it that much harder to beat him.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:03 am

cyclone, return, black cat, water emepror, water dragon, renally, mystere - all are broken! ;th2

cyclone should return 3 random units from each side of the field or return only the level 1s
return should also only activate when you have 1 SP or more left
black cat's skill should cost 1 SP since her ability is overpowered and dosnt make sense, it removes 1 card for 0 SP. Isnt that a bit too much?
no need to discuss emps and dragons
renally should be level 5 or her skill should cost more or let her have 0 DF
mystere should have 20 HP and nothing more or her skills should cost 3 SP

maybe those nerfs aren't enough, but they should make the game slightly more balanced
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Porky » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:35 am

Your calls for nerfs are baseless. I really don't get where you're comming from, any card that you find difficult to overcome you deem it over-powered. But hey, we already knew from the sin threads that bias is everywhere! Subjectivity rules us all! But still, don't call for nerfs due to that reason.

For example, black cat, if you run it, unless u bring it out late-game (quite pointless as you want to get rid of their grims a.s.a.p) you can't play grims in your deck, that is the flip side of the coin, Mavel is somewhat easy to beat due to the fact he has no grims, no returns and no cyclones, nothing is without its flaws.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:16 pm

I agree with Porky on this one, your nerf suggestions seem like a knee jerk reaction to the top deck of right now. Its very possible one or more of those cards is in need of rebalancing, but just because they are included in some of the top decks right now doesn't mean they are all over powered.

Cyclone
Pros - Can wipe out an entire field of low level rush units and not effect you if you don't run low level rush units. Can also bounce back your low level open skill units for re-use.
Cons - Costs a lot, 4 sp is 2 turns worth and not every file naturally gets to level 4 anyway. Not every opponent uses many level 1s and 2s, and some even like having them returned to re-use their open skills.

Seems pretty balanced to me, if your running a low level rush it may seem very strong, but then your the very deck it was built to counter, its up to you to have a back up plan in your file for these sort of match ups.

Return
Pros - The returned unit does not refund its owner its sp. Can temporarily get rid of key cards in on field combos. Gives you atleast one turn of field advantage.
Cons - Costs 3 sp that is not refunded for the user. If your opponent doesn't run level 3 or less units (or only ones they don't mind being returned) its useless.

Return is borderline too good but the rise of high level decks has significantly curbed its power. Return used to be a staple in 3s, now theres alot of decks against which you'll have 3 wasted card slots. It might still be a little too good against too many match ups, but to be fair, returning is falkows strength, and every other sphere has something they're good at as well (cepting maybe refess).

Black cat
Pros - Devastates files that rely on grimoires to do important things.
Cons - Pretty much prevents you from running grimoires yourself. She's also fairly easily squished with her low hp. Almost completely useless if ur opponent doesn't run grimoire or runs very few.

Again borderline, she's unbelievably nasty to certain files and the card advantage she potentially provides can often give ridiculous advantage to the user. That said, she does limit your ability to run grimoires yourself and against opponents who don't use many grimoires she's all but a useless card.

Water Emperor
Pros - Devestates low level rush files. Has gigantic hp and attack. Has near assassin/salsoul immunity which is one of the only cards that really keeps high level files in check. Can help bounce your low level open skills for near infinite re-use. Can devastate high level decks that play their high level before he is played do to his ability to return any card regardless of level with his open skill.
Cons - Requires a large sp investment as a level 9 so if they do find some way to assassin him your in a serious hole.

Legyre MIGHT be too good, its hard to really say since he IS a level 9 and when your investing that much into one unit it better be game changing. The question is when is a card too good and this card is at the very least on the edge of being too good.

Water Dragon
Pros - Big hp, big attack, bounces level 1s allowing you to re-use your level 1 open skills and stop your opponents offensively minded level 1s. Prevents ideal assassin situations (used up level 1 for your high level).
Cons - Still relatively vulnerable to assassin. His effect is often more likely to help your opponent then hurt him (outside of his setting up assassin). Requires a large sp investment at level 7.

Seems pretty balanced to me, nothing he does seems too good, he's just a big beefy unit that bounces level 1s, for level 7 if anything that seems a little under whelming. Legyre's ability to bounce level 2s and return on open are what truly make him so impossible for many opposing files, Water Dragon lacks both of these features.

Renally
Pros - Good hp and defense and amazing speed for her level. Further protects herself and those around her with an auto defense buff. Has a great defense ignoring attack action for only 1 sp.
Cons - Unless your using her action her attack is pretty unimpressive. She relies heavily on her defense both to survive and deal good damage so defense ignoring skills or defense reducing skills tend to really hurt her.

Incredible unit for her level, as many have seen she can be a monster when combined with dryads and both water dragon and Legyre allow dryads to be returned for re-use. She's definitely on the "almost too good" side of the balance spectrum, but she relies enough on combos to and sp costs that I'm not convinced she's reached the point of being too good.

Mystere
Pros - Can return with no sp refund a unit of any level.
Cons - Requires a combo with another card to make your intended target a legal target for her skill. Her skill costs 2sp for each use. Has kind of cruddy stats for a level 3.

Make no mistake Mystere is an amazing card in the right file and used by a strong player, but if there was ever a skill card Mystere is it. She has alot of downsides, requires alot of sp, and requires combos with other cards to even do anything. For all that work I think she deserves the incredible power her skills possess.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:35 pm

So overall their cons are meaningless because of they can do.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Nehless » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:57 pm

I agree with Porky and Dan, Peralisc... your calls for nerfs is baseless! :)
Nehless : complete form noze is so lame though
Nehless : sigh
Lecaf : fits you perfectly! :D
《Lecaf has exited the room》
Nehless : thats what she gets for calling me lame
Nehless

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum