Morning

Strategies and Card File Construction

Morning

Postby kitsunekit » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:07 pm

I've been working on a morning file for a while. So far it seems to be coming by pretty well, but I want to perfect my turns a little better.

So far my opening turns are usually:
1-Angel (zone 4)
2-Angel (zone 6)
3-Verlaat (zone 8) (Note: on the turn before he is played, its morning)
4-Boy Combat Priest (zone 2 or zone 5, depending on how much I need SP from my Wisp SC)
5-Either Boy Combat Priest for SC or EX Angel in zone 2 or 3; occasionally I Play Lavende next to Verlaat in case something happens to verlaat.

The biggest issues I face:

-Since almost all my units are level 2 and below, the water dragon is a big problem. I can get out bardia sometimes, but without a sacrificial unit I really can't get the SP back for his skill and I need slyph to counter the fact I'm playing against falkow...

-Shades are a huge problem, as the lycans need the SP to regenerate.
kitsunekit

Re: Morning

Postby Logress » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:19 pm

If you're splashing Falkow anyway, have you considered going up to 2 and replacing boy combat priest with the apprentice? I know it doesn't fit into your startup scheme but I find it to be such a strong card overall. Also, have you left Seraph out of your deck completely? I imagine so with the inclusion of the Judge.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:33 pm

there are several ways to raise the level of your units, you might try them out and see what and when works
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Romdeau » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:35 pm

Maybe I just have really bad memory, but I can't exactly list off ways of raising a units level like I can recite the alphabet. Care to refresh my memory?
Romdeau

Postby Candi » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:50 pm

By several, he means Fire and Gaia SS

EDIT: And Time Reader / Lavende
Candi

Postby Porky » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:56 am

Have u tested Succubus vs Verlaat, I'm assuming verlaat will change it back to morning before the lawtia units would of had a benefit.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby Romdeau » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:33 am

Succubus is an open skill-that means it goes before start skills. If a SC doesn't kill Verlaat, the effect is wasted because he will turn it back to morning.
Romdeau

Postby jasta85 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:08 am

Romdeau wrote:Succubus is an open skill-that means it goes before start skills. If a SC doesn't kill Verlaat, the effect is wasted because he will turn it back to morning.

this is true, i remember verlaat was the bane of my old all night deck which relied on succubi to keep it night several turns in a row.

as for the water dragon problem, i dont think all that many people actually use him, maniacalSoul being the only one that comes to mind, and if you're up against him, honestly you're probably gonna lose anyway unless you have a deck fitted out to beat him. so water dragons shouldnt be too much of an issue. the biggest problems all morning decks have is SP. aside from the fuzzballs and SP giving soul cards i'm not sure what you can do as far as that. maybe have a sacrificial unit to act as a blocker and set off an SS to give you more SP.
jasta85

Postby Romdeau » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:28 pm

The bunny and EX Angel also generate SP. I can't remember any other Refess unit having that ability though (puffballs included).
Romdeau

Postby Nehless » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:27 pm

The EX Angel and Verlaat together are a great combo as it allows you to continuous pump SP without having to do ANY action skills at all. So if you keep these two alive together, it's possible to get a 3, lv3s down to rush your opponent. It's good stuff, I've seen Mavel do it a lot X_X
Nehless : complete form noze is so lame though
Nehless : sigh
Lecaf : fits you perfectly! :D
《Lecaf has exited the room》
Nehless : thats what she gets for calling me lame
Nehless

Return to Annarose's Sanctum